Who here works or worked at a music label?

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So in my career, I'm 2 years in working in Fed Audit at a Big 4 Accounting firm. I'm about to get promoted to senior in a couple of months and I am really interested in working for a music label, either working behind artists getting their finances in order or working with labels to create record deals with aspiring artists. Does anyone have insight about this? Good looks

Crumple

All Star
Daps
So in my career, I'm 2 years in working in Fed Audit at a Big 4 Accounting firm. I'm about to get promoted to senior in a couple of months and I am really interested in working for a music label, either working behind artists getting their finances in order or working with labels to create record deals with aspiring artists. Does anyone have insight about this? Good looks

I've been running a hip hop label since 2002. With minor profits - not enough to sustain a living. So I work in law on the side.

You sound like you have a great career. Props!

I would try to get to a major record label.
Which is hard for artists and anyone to crack into.

Most internet rappers do not have their business in order to see livable profits.

Hard, unrelenting work, opportunity and luck.

Don't mess up the great thing you have for something risky. Bless!

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I've been running a hip hop label since 2002. With minor profits - not enough to sustain a living. So I work in law on the side.

You sound like you have a great career. Props!

I would try to get to a major record label.
Which is hard for artists and anyone to crack into.

Most internet rappers do not have their business in order to see livable profits.

Hard, unrelenting work, opportunity and luck.

Don't mess up the great thing you have for something risky. Bless!
Appreciate your insight! What label do you own?

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. At TMWRK/Mad decent at the moment. Its all about who you know and networking. Check the labels websites etc too tho, some post job listings, some have an email addy you could hit or even just walk into the offices with a resume, sounds like yours would be solid breh and may get you a foot in the door! Good luck breh, hope it works out.