Who is better LL cool j or lil Wayne

• LL cool j

• Lil Wayne

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Wayne clears big Ellie easily but Wayne reused a few LL lines. Wayne always pays homage:

Mama said knock ya out, money made me block ya out
I got the game on lock, and I lock ya out”

“Why would she? She probably be the odd cookie
In a plastic bag ’bout to get crushed by a building”

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Wayne is leaps and bounds a better rapper than LL you nikkas are out of your minds with nostalgia.

LL literally created the template for the platinum selling solo rapper. LL was super successful in an era when you had to have a DJ and he surpassed needing Cut Creator. No LL no Lil Wayne, period. Wayne can't be leaps and bounds a better rapper when LL was the first rapper with the longest relevant career in hip hop history. LL was a dominant factor for 2 decades before Wayne's 1st album.

And Wayne didn't dominate 1999 when his fist album dropped like LL did in 1985. Wayne didn't dominate the year till 9 years after his debut.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I prefer LL but choosing Wayne isn't a stretch.

He had one of the biggest peaks in rap, has a strong mixtape catalog, can be a strong/lyrical rapper when he's in his element(even outrapping the likes of Griselda), has a lot of features, and is extremely influential to modern rap.

But Wayne also has lower lows than LL too. LL never had an album as bad as Wayne's worst albums and, while LL had some forced punchlines before, Wayne has much more.

Overall, it really depends on your preference. I prefer the classic hip hop sound of LL's prime over Wayne's on average but Wayne is also very respected in the rap world with even OG's like Ice Cube and Jay-Z calling him a top tier rapper and he's often put in more mainstream GOAT lists than LL these days.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with this. Wayne’s influence is more evident over the past 15 years or so. But LL is the prototype for what you want in a mainstream MC

This.

And that's why I always say influence is far more than producing a bunch of clones. LL's influence is he's literally the reason a lot of GOATs even wanted to rap. He pioneered a lot even MC's becoming actors and venturing off into companies using rappers to endorse products. LL was doing ads for FUBU and Gap at the same time. There's the longevity. LL survived the '80's and '90's and was still relevant in the '00's.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
these threads are getting crazier every fukin day. Next we will have a thread asking if Kool G rap is better than NBA Youngboy. wtf.. nikka do you know who the fukk LL Cool J is? By the time he was 22, he had 2 certified classic albums. Every time he'd fall off, he'd emerge with another good record. He was on his last legs in 89, came back with Mama Said Knock you out in 90. After that and some acting, released 14 shots that didn't do well because the critics weren't used to hearing him rhyme over beats used by Onyx and Lords of the Underground, then he came back with Mr Smith and more hits. Phenomenon drops and the beef helped sell the record cuz it really wasn't that good, then he drops Goat and 10. Lyrically it aint close and album wise it aint close either.. If you take Lil Wayne's best 3 albums, they aint better than Mama said Knock u out, BAD, and Mr Smith