Who is the greatest black actor of all time?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:patrice: everybody saying Denzel because he's a movie star...he's a great actor no doubt

but in terms of being able to become a chameleon to where you watch 2 movies and can't believe it's the same person

gotta go with jeffrey wright

How does one become a movie star instead of simply a character actor?
There's more to acting than being a chameleon. Carrying a movie and being an interesting central character is what Denzel does in his sleep and Jeffrey Wright hasn't really accomplished.

SlickHomie

All-Pro Kufi Smacker
Daps
Reppin
Chi 079
Rick_Ross_Alpina_Sunglasses.jpg

Made millions off of :duck: of being a drug kingpin....and living his life off anothers mans name the shyt is
oscar_statue.jpg
worthy

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
How does one become a movie star instead of simply a character actor?
There's more to acting than being a chameleon. Carrying a movie and being an interesting central character is what Denzel does in his sleep and Jeffrey Wright hasn't really accomplished.

:patrice: movie stars primary job is to put asses in the seats (tom cruise, denzel, julia roberts) - very few of them are actually character actors

as great as denzel is, is he not "denzel" in all his movies? same for will smith and tom cruise? :francis:

character actors actually help move stories along and elevate the level of acting for the stars.

gary oldman is a great example of this
220px-Gary_Oldman_at_the_London_premiere_of_Tinker_Tailor_Soldier_Spy.png

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: movie stars primary job is to put asses in the seats (tom cruise, denzel, julia roberts) - very few of them are actually character actors

as great as denzel is, is he not "denzel" in all his movies? same for will smith and tom cruise? :francis:

character actors actually help move stories along and elevate the level of acting for the stars.

Gary Oldman as the pimp in True Romance had me like :mindblown::ohlawd::whew:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I never said they were character actors. :what:
Isn't that good that he isn't 'Denzel' in every movie? It shows he has range.
Or the stars you know the people with the most screen time? Elevate the movie and level of acting on their own.
Intense_Denzel_Washington_Movies.jpg

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I never said they were character actors. :what:
Isn't that good that he isn't 'Denzel' in every movie? It shows he has range.
Or the stars you know the people with the most screen time? Elevate the movie and level of acting on their own.
Intense_Denzel_Washington_Movies.jpg

re-read what i said...i said he's "DENZEL" in every movie

same mannerisms, same voice cadence, same "denzel" walk

and trust me HOLLYWOOD WANTS THAT. if denzel tried to switch it up studios would be pissed off.

i was listening to the commentary on THE FUGITIVE - they damn near made them reshoot it because harrison ford had a beard at the beginning

denzel is a phenomenal actor true...but he doesn't disappear into his characters the way chiwetel or jeffrey wright does

this is just a fact. :hubie:

and you're right jeffrey wright will NEVER be a leading man, but he'll always find work as he is one of the most respected actors working out there right now.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Sidney Poiter followed by Will. Denzel isn't in my top 5 and I know the majority of responses will be him

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
re-read what i said...i said he's "DENZEL" in every movie

same mannerisms, same voice cadence, same "denzel" walk

and trust me HOLLYWOOD WANTS THAT. if denzel tried to switch it up studios would be pissed off.

i was listening to the commentary on THE FUGITIVE - they damn near made them reshoot it because harrison ford had a beard at the beginning

denzel is a phenomenal actor true...but he doesn't disappear into his characters the way chiwetel or jeffrey wright does

this is just a fact. :hubie:

and you're right jeffrey wright will NEVER be a leading man, but he'll always find work as he is one of the most respected actors working out there right now.
I disagree but according to you he's not even allowed to disappear into his roles. So how can that be a knock on dude? But whatever movie stars are movie stars for a reason and character actors the same.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Wood is dope, and Idris is coming into his own.
Idris ain't coming into shyt how do you come into your own at damn near 45 with 20 years in the business? Lol.. Go watch no good deeds and the reaping. :mjlol:Y'all just can't quit stringer bell but it was an anomaly look at Tristan wilds. That HBO magic was something serious:wow:

Last edited: