Who is the greatest black actor of all time?

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
The crazy thing is if you ask me who my favorite actor of all time is I'd say a white actor like pacino or deniro. And if you ask me who my favorite actor currently is I'd say probably Leo.

But pound for pound top to bottom. Black actors shyt all over white actors, give me idris, jeffrey wright, chiwetal, chadwick over shytty actors like ryan reynolds, chris pratt and even ryan goslings overrated a$$.

But I digress. Clearly the answer for me is denzel. His malcolm X performance alone is a top 5 acting by any actor in any movie.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
The crazy thing is if you ask me who my favorite actor of all time is I'd say a white actor like pacino or deniro. And if you ask me who my favorite actor currently is I'd say probably Leo.

But pound for pound top to bottom. Black actors shyt all over white actors, give me idris, jeffrey wright, chiwetal, chadwick over shytty actors like ryan reynolds, chris pratt and even ryan goslings overrated a$$.

But I digress. Clearly the answer for me is denzel. His malcolm X performance alone is a top 5 acting by any actor in any movie.

Nah breh :whoa: Leo is actually top 5 DOA.

However, once you get past dudes like him and DDL, the next few spots for a while on the best actors list should be black.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Nah breh :whoa: Leo is actually top 5 DOA.

However, once you get past dudes like him and DDL, the next few spots for a while on the best actors list should be black.
I said leo is my current favorite actor, i wouldn't put him in my top 5 DOA though.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Idris ain't coming into shyt how do you come into your own at damn near 45 with 20 years in the business? Lol.. Go watch no good deeds and the reaping. :mjlol:Y'all just can't quit stringer bell but it was an anomaly look at Tristan wilds. That HBO magic was something serious:wow:

:comeon:

x

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: movie stars primary job is to put asses in the seats (tom cruise, denzel, julia roberts) - very few of them are actually character actors

as great as denzel is, is he not "denzel" in all his movies? same for will smith and tom cruise? :francis:

character actors actually help move stories along and elevate the level of acting for the stars.

gary oldman is a great example of this
220px-Gary_Oldman_at_the_London_premiere_of_Tinker_Tailor_Soldier_Spy.png

Samuel Jackson is Samuel Jackson in all his movies more than Denzel is Denzel in his.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Sidney has to be #1. From Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, In the Heat of the Night, Cry, thy Beloved Country, Mr. Tibbs, Uptown Saturday Night, Buck & the Preacher, Sneakers...he didn't do action though

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Robert De Niro
Dustin Hoffman
Robin Williams
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Daniel Day-Lewis
Denzel Washington

Leo is not better than any of these men at acting

nobody is better than Daniel Day lewis...they need to come up with another category of acting for him :whoo:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nobody is better than Daniel Day lewis...they need to come up with another category of acting for him :whoo:
I think mcconaughey is the modern day DDL. People talk about Leo, but Leo been playing Leo for a few years too

Mac is different in a lot of roles. Disappearing his face and accent depending on which one. He goes from Wall Street to state of jones to that aids movie to interstellar to true crime flawlessly.

As for black actors. We aren't talking who's the best star. Who is the best person I could hire to become a character and make me believe it's him.

I'd have to say Jeffrey wright. His ACTING like someone else, is superior.

While Denzel is my fav, it's mainly because, besides Malcolm x, I know I'm about to get a Denzel movie. nikkas don't even have to know the plot or title. Simply, "oh that new Denzel movie coming out"