who misses Seattle Supersonics

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You might die waiting then :ld: trust and believe there's not that much going on out here that would prevent fans from showing up to the games. Attendance was the exact same despite kd leaving
But they still have Russell and are a playoff team. :francis:

RichSincethe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
But they still have Russell and are a playoff team. :francis:
And it will probably remain that way, but in the event it doesn't they'll just usher in a new era of thunder players ... they won't revolt and stop showing up to the games though. Sonics only made top 20 in attendance once this millennium.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The city of LA won't care if the Clippers leave. They have always been a perennial loser (minus the last few years) and 2nd fiddle to the Lakers. They also have never made an NBA Finals appearance. The Sonics have a strong basketball history that includes a championship and another finals appearance agains Michael Jordan.

The Kings have a history of moving from town to town. They've only been in Sacramento since 1985. They have some history, but the Sonics had a longer history in one city while winning a championship. The Kings were exciting during their early 2000's run. I enjoyed watching them play and feel like they were robbed of making the finals, but the Kings had very little to no star power. The Sonics had star power. It's why there is a thread saying people miss the Seattle Sonics. You were born in 91 so when the Sonics were in their peak you were in elementary school. Some of us older heads, myself included, remember that team much different then someone your age ever will.
That's bullshyt. Yes we've underachieved and choked like there's no tomorrow, and there's people that say LA wouldn't miss the Clipps if they were to leave..but that's bullsh*t. Whether you can't stand the Clipps or you're a Laker hater in LA- there nothing like having two NBA teams in town. Its pure crack. This city is NBA mad and there were even talks of getting a 3rd team in the area when the Kings were considering moving to Anaheim about 3-4 years ago. LA is a Lakers town no doubt about it but the more NBA here the better things are. There was no NFL here for 20 years and the NBA took over. Staples is cracking every night plus some of the best parties, back in my clubbing days, were thrown by Clipper players.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Used to get free tickets to go see the sonic games in high school. I don't understand how a city this big and this wealthy does not have an NBA team.

They been saying we will get a new team in no time but it's been 7 years now and nothing is happenning. Seattle will never get another NBA team.