Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
People value different things in rap, hence why the opinions vary so much. The ones who say Drake rapped better say it’s because of his wordplay. No Vaseline, Hit em Up, Takeover and Ether didn’t have witty type lines, and they’re amongst the best diss tracks of all time. Did Drake rap better than Cube, Pac, Jay and Nas?

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
People value different things in rap, hence why the opinions vary so much. The ones who say Drake rapped better say it’s because of his wordplay. No Vaseline, Hit em Up, Takeover and Ether didn’t have witty type lines, and they’re amongst the best diss tracks of all time. Did Drake rap better than Cube, Pac, Jay and Nas?
Kendrick supposed to be “GOAT TIER” lyrically and he got out rapped bar wise

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Delivery - Kendrick
Flow - Kendrick
Creativity - Kendrick (by a hair)
Punchlines - Tie
Wordplay - Kendrick
Production - Tie

Kendrick took it pretty decisively. Creativity-wise, Drake had some decent concepts for his diss tracks, Kendrick's conceptual execution was better though which is to be expected because that's his strength.

Where Kendrick really shocked in this battle imo is with the battle wordplay. He had very little filler and his setups were consistently strong, which before this battle, the absence of which had been one of my longtime criticisms of his music. He also had punchlines for days, Drake had a lot of good punchlines as well so that was a tie imo. Kendrick definitely came correct lyrically throughout, I don't think Drake expected as strong of a showing from him at all.

That being said, I don't take Drake seriously as an artist for obvious reasons so it was Kendrick's battle to win. He did what he was supposed to do but w/ more flair than I expected :ehh: definitely gained more respect for his bars after all this.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Kendrick by a country mile. Every song is different style. Wittiness, Punchlines, Multis, Entendres, etc… Subject matter was more focused, even gave us a concept song with MTG. Flow switches all over the place, inflection and delivery was just better

Drake did good though, but other than Taylormade for the obvious reasons, the only time he really switched it up was the 2nd verse on Family Matters which is probably his best verse in the whole battle.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Drake ain't never been great at rapping.

Dude's flow has always been choppy and mechanical. He's reading the lyrics people give him, and you can hear it. When you write your own sh*t, you can also dictate the flow and add some soul to that sh*t. Dude ain't never have that. No soul, at all.

Kendrick pulled out wild flows on these tracks. Just like on his albums, dude can rap circles around most MC's. He did the same on these diss tracks again. On his projects, you might hear 10+ different flows. That's what makes Dot so dope. The energy, lyrics and cadences are always top-shelf with him.

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
So those rappers I named aren’t GOAT tier?
All I’m saying people put Kendrick on a pedestal lyrically and he’s supposed to be this super complex lyricist and he had no bars

As far the beef goes

Drake bars >>>> Kendrick bars

But move the goal posts however you please

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a fun topic. I've gotta get it out the way first. Ghostwriters will ALWAYS be a fukking asterisk. And the fact that its not for many...kinda speaks to a key reason so many want him out the paint. But I digress. Putting that kinda off to the side?

I'm going Kendrick. I'll explain why shortly.

But for now, i'm gonna give Drake some flowers. I thought the second verse on Family Matters was fire. It was peak Drake. However, it was the best verse in a song where he should have been giving Kendrick "all of the curses" like Push asked for.

I chuckled at some of the short jokes for sure as far as shyt directed AT Kendrick. That "back to the curb" bar, the "beat her up cuz she's bigger than you". Was cute to me. I wasn't really feeling a lot of the Whitney based shyt. Just fell short for me.

"Where is your uncle at? I wanna talk to the man of the house". fukking fire lol. Like Family Matters was impressive. And if he was able to really dig in on Kendrick like he dug in on Rocky? Man.

The first verse on Heart Part 6 actually pisses me off on repeat listens. His flow and the way he rides the beat and the bars are so fukking nice...
Now I don't believe he's a war general but that whole scheme is just top notch. And then the about the moment where he goes "speaking to anything with a child"...it goes to shyt. I do love the "D Major" line a lot, and the last shot about it being safer for Whitney to hit him back. But he really fukks up his own song and its then that I was really like aiight pack it up.

I was never feeling Push Ups or Taylor Made like that. Sorry. I think altogether though, Drake performed well and had some nice shots. I do not find him versatile enough though and sometimes I found his shyt monotonous and really similar to the sound I grew tired of with him years ago. And then we get to Kendrick.

Kendrick was just so fukking versatile in delivery, tone, inflection, setting shyt up, entendres, references to earlier disses, and he was fukking funny, man. I chuckled at Drake's comedy bars. I LAUGHED at Kendrick's. That Sexxy Red, pop ass with em shyt? Comedy. WHAT IS IT THE BRAIDS?!? Comedy.
I was one of the few who wasn't actually impressed with the YMW Melly line like that. What impressed me more? "In 8 bars i'll clarify that phrase".

And then he proceeds to lead us INTO that 8th bar being the Melly line. The core audience, stomach, abs shyt.
Undressing Drake's adverse effects on the culture, Not Like Us being this joke song but that whole last verse as a mini history lesson in Atlanta leading to the colonizer bar? I think the daughter verse taints Meet the Grahams now (in the same way unsubstantiated claims taint some of the Drake moments), but that's also a showcase of versatility to me. I could go on. But this is an essay already.

TL:DR: Kendrick was painting in a bunch of different ways with different paints and materials on different canvases. Drake was really good at times with just painting his one way. Better than I thought he would be. But Kendrick is a far more creative and versatile rapper. I give Drake his credit though, he held his own...but that's when it comes back to that asterisk for me.

Yea I felt Kendrick treated his dissed like his albums and was a lot more creative in his approach on how he dissed drake. He was definitely showing his artistry skill set where I felt Drake was more rapper with it and alot less creative.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I’m saying people put Kendrick on a pedestal lyrically and he’s supposed to be this super complex lyricist and he had no bars

As far the beef goes

Drake bars >>>> Kendrick bars

But move the goal posts however you please

This is hate.