Who uses fitness trackers here?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I just got a fitbit charge hr. I like it. I'm still getting used to wearing it but it does a good job. Happy with it.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
How use Samsung Health but I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit

Are they really worth it because my phone is pretty accurate and counting my steps

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
3_zpsgyysuech.jpg

1_zpstn0q5j1j.jpg

2_zpsvt0ujkcq.jpg

Ive used polar heart rate monitors for working out for nearly 10 years. It helps you to a T, especially if you are trying to lose weight.

Updating this old thread to say that the new Polar Vantage watches are rumored to be announced this week:
Polar Vantage V Triathlon and M Multisport Watch: pics, specs and pricing

polar-vantage-v-triathlon-and-m-multisport-watch-pics-specs-and-pricing-2.png

I'm currently using the Polar M400 watch with the H10 Chest Strap, but I'm looking to upgrade to one of these.

As far as the watch+Chest Strap vs. the Chest strap alone with the Flow app, if you run its a lot more convenient to look at your wrist and see your pace, distance, etc. Plus, the apps just rely on GPS to guess your altitude, but the high end watches (V800 and its replacement) have built in altimeters. If you run over a bridge with a tracking device with no altimeter, your elevation gain gets all screwed up because it thinks you instantly went down to water level and back up.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Vora (for timing and tracking Intermittent fasting)

Fat secret (for macros and counting)

Renpho (compatible body comp. for my bluetooth scale)

My watch and heart rate monitor for cardio

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
They finally announced the new Polar watches today:

Polar Vantage V and M Launch | Advanced Fitness Watches

I'm actually kind of disappointed that there's no mapping/navigation function on this at all, even on the high end version. But I couldn't help myself and I pre-ordered it anyway.

40 hour battery life, with full GPS and heart rate monitoring turned on, with an always on screen? The new Apple watch they just announced only claims to be able to do 6 hours with tracking.

Problem is, they took too long to come out with this, especially with the whole world focused on Apple.