Whoopi Goldberg taking heat for victim blaming women who send nudes.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
But his point implies that if someone is merely modest, they won't get violated. There are too many examples across the world on an everyday basis of people being violated while not doing anything to deserve it.

It's a very odd, puritanical litmus test under the guise of "common sense".

Again, though, I'm still trying to figure out the thing the victimized person could do and be absolved of blame.
Not be the one taking the pictures.

I don't blame people who get naked pics taken of them by paparazzi while in their bathroom, p*ssy shots when exiting a car, or even topless sunbathing in the back yard.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I

:dead: i dont think she understood the connection of his 2nd response to the topic.

Speaking to the heroin addict’s point of drinking at a party

It has been shown time and time again that maybe you shouldn’t get blackout drunk around men you don’t know. Obv they don’t deserve rape, but cmon...:francis:

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
It's just weird how she decided to leak her own nudes on some empowering tip , instead of waiting to let the FBI/police deal with it. And now here she is appearing on camera looking like a coke head, talking about suicide because someone criticized her.
I don't see how some of these people get through life , like damn, your skin should be thicker at your age.

You're an adult, stand behind your shyt and learn to accept people aren't always going to agree.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But his point implies that if someone is merely modest, they won't get violated. There are too many examples across the world on an everyday basis of people being violated while not doing anything to deserve it.

It's a very odd, puritanical litmus test under the guise of "common sense".

Again, though, I'm still trying to figure out the thing the victimized person could do and be absolved of blame.
Youre using broad strokes on a very specific outcome. This is about sexually charged images and will remain as such for the argument. So it stands to reason that if you dont want sexually suggestive images revealed unintentionally, then the surefire way to make that happen is to not take sexually suggestive images (displaying modesty). You cant violate someone by taking something they dont have. If you are a woman and recording videos of you sucking dikk, you are not modest (and thats ok) and you can potentially be violated. Of course, she knew that not only before she sucked dikk on camera, but the moment she thought about sucking dikk on camera prior to.
:yeshrug:

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
It's just weird how she decided to leak her own nudes on some empowering tip , instead of waiting to let the FBI/police deal with it. And now here she is appearing on camera looking like a coke head, talking about suicide because someone criticized her.
I don't see how some of these people get through life , like damn, your skin should be thicker at your age.

You're an adult, stand behind your shyt and learn to accept people aren't always going to agree.

Blatant publicity and the fickle bunch will eat it up.

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Not be the one taking the pictures.

I don't blame people who get naked pics taken of them by paparazzi while in their bathroom, p*ssy shots when exiting a car, or even topless sunbathing in the back yard.

Do you not believe people should be allowed to take pictures of themselves with a reasonable expectation of privacy?

Even in the case of the pap photos, the conversation can (and does, often) turn to "well, don't be out in public like that".

Shots of pictures under your skirt? "Welp, should have worn pants/underwear".

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Logically speaking...Whoopi isn't wrong though.

Taking nudes as a famous person? Not generally a good idea. And then they don't even bother to cover their face? Like...:mindblown:

If you famous and taking nudes and sending them to people.....you got to be one of the dumbest and I mean dumbest people in the world.

Its like when folks post dumb shyt on facebook then be shocked their company finds out and fires them.

I swear this has to be one of the dumbest generations of people who ever walked rhe face of the earth.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do you not believe people should be allowed to take pictures of themselves with a reasonable expectation of privacy?

Even in the case of the pap photos, the conversation can (and does, often) turn to "well, don't be out in public like that".

Shots of pictures under your skirt? "Welp, should have worn pants/underwear".
people who don't want to be seen naked aren't taking pictures of themselves naked. Can't really claim you expect privacy when you putting yourself out there like that.
I don't understand the "they shouldn't be out in public" argument though. people have to leave to house eventually to work or get food. nothing they can do about that. No reason you need to take nude pics though.

As far as the underwear, the paps are the ones zooming in at low angles. they're not flashing their p*ssy to anyone. they may as well have snuck up on them in the shower and took pics. Follow anyone long enough and you will see their private parts eventually. None of that is preventable by the victim. The leaked nude pics are preventable though.