Who’s the better artist, Future or Ludacris?

Who better?

• Future

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • Ludacris

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
If you think influence equates to better you’re a fool. Lyric for lyric, bar for bar Luda handles Future like a master would a student. He has multiple credentials Including but not limited to top 5 flows in hip hop, top 5 voices in hip hop, arguably the best punchline rapper, and a top 5 southern rapper.

Future ain’t even touching Luda and that’s just hip hop. Luda has also had a viable acting career and unlike Ice Cube to my knowledge has never been on coin shyt or contributed to black kids killing each other.

Future is influential and perhaps the most influential mc of the past decade but that doesn’t make him enter the debate of being a GOAT. MC Hammer was also influential for a time. CardiB is influential. Would you say CardiB is better than MC Lite?

Ain’t nothing in Future’s catalog make me want to throw my shirt off and dance on sight like a Luda song.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Luda sold out and started riding trends that was the key to his fall off

Future made his own wave

Daps
Ludacris. Future cool but that nikka ain't dropped nothing close to Word of mouf.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
If you think influence equates to better you’re a fool. Lyric for lyric, bar for bar Luda handles Future like a master would a student. He has multiple credentials Including but not limited to top 5 flows in hip hop, top 5 voices in hip hop, arguably the best punchline rapper, and a top 5 southern rapper.

Future ain’t even touching Luda and that’s just hip hop. Luda has also had a viable acting career and unlike Ice Cube to my knowledge has never been on coin shyt or contributed to black kids killing each other.

Future is influential and perhaps the most influential mc of the past decade but that doesn’t make him enter the debate of being a GOAT. MC Hammer was also influential for a time. CardiB is influential. Would you say CardiB is better than MC Lite?

Ain’t nothing in Future’s catalog make me want to throw my shirt off and dance on sight like a Luda song.

There’s a big difference between lyric for lyric, bar for bar and who’s the greater artist. Your criteria is not everyone’s criteria.
Many of the greatest musicians in history have ended up session players or in orchestras because they have no songwriting ability. Doesn’t mean they arent wildly skilled just means their creative abilities don’t measure up.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX

Luda ain't made a good project since 2006

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
There’s a big difference between lyric for lyric, bar for bar and who’s the greater artist. Your criteria is not everyone’s criteria.
Many of the greatest musicians in history have ended up session players or in orchestras because they have no songwriting ability. Doesn’t mean they arent wildly skilled just means their creative abilities don’t measure up.
Let’s see Future spit this

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:why:

Future owes Luda as Luda is one of the biggest pioneers of southern hip hop which made southern rap have a platform to begin with next to OutKast, Scarface, DJ Screw, and T.I. Luda is damn near hip hop royalty in the south. Future has imitators no doubt but Ludacris’ is a major component to southern rap becoming even viable.
nikka what? Ludacris make goofy ass music, yeah he can spit when he want to, but Future a trap nikka, what the hell would he owe a damn Ludacris?? Pioneer??? Yall wild

Superstar
Daps
Luda sold out and started riding trends that was the key to his fall off

Future made his own wave

Did he really make his own wave though? I didn’t really catch onto future until like 2011, but I’d heard him on the DF 2nd generation tape when he was Rapping rapping.

Autotune future is basically a mix of yung Ralph, gorilla Zoe, DG Yola (Lyrically) and late 2000’s Autotune “I’m too high so I’m going to act like I don’t care about rapping because I’m not a rapper” Wayne.

His music is catchy and I enjoy it all the way back to Tony Montana, etc. but I’d never consider him to be an innovator.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP