Why a post Infinity Saga MCU has been meh at best

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
In no particular order

1. the end of the two most iconic characters (Tony Stark, Steve Rogers), with no proper passing of the torch.
2. COVID-19 ruining the release dates
3. Making a Black Widow movie, after the character is already dead... and after the Infinity Saga is over.
4. Chadwick Boseman's death
5. Over relying on Spider-Man who got 3 movies and 3 cameo's even though the character was introduced well after others.
6. The multiverse being shoehorned into everything at this point. This literally ruined the original plot for Dr Strange 2. They forced the director to change the plot without giving him a new deadline, forcing him to walk away. It also changed the plot for Spider Man 3. Both movies ended up being laughably overrated.
7. No clear overall direction, other than the "multiverse" which seems like a way to shoehorn characters who otherwise shouldn't already been in the MCU timeline day one (X-Men, Blade etc.)
8. Sony trying to ride the coattails of the MCU, shoehorning elements into their weak ass movies.
9. No quality rival studio to push Marvel be more competitive.
10. Disney. Disney helped take the MCU to another level, but the overall quality hasn't been what it needed to be. It seems that they will forever be held back.
11. Horrible CGI due to certain movies being priorities over others, movies being filmed at certain locations to cut costs and overlapping productions giving key elements little to no time to be properly created and edited in post production.

Marvel's ambition, while uncharted, may end up hindering them in the future. People point to the Eternals, and Marvel's first being flop, but it was merely a hiccup. THey could afford to make a niche movie, with little to no positive reviews and barely breaking even or losing money. If it was Spider-Man then I could understand. But not this.

Black Panther is probably under the most pressure to equal or surpass what it did before as COVID-19 is no longer an excuse based on what Spider-Man did.

At this point, it's really hard to gauge where the MCU will head going forward. There is a new generation of consumers, that didn't come up on the originals, and it's impossible to duplicate phase 1-3. shyt will either get even more redundant, which will force them to take bigger risks and cut out movies, or the will ride the wave until the wheels fall out.
Agree to agree

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
This is true. No one gave a shyt about Captain America up until The Winter Soldier.

Honestly ppl feel a sort of way about comedic Thor, and i get it, but no one gave a rat's ass about Thor either after the first 2 movies, up until the comedic switch/emphasis.

Hell, altho i loved Chad's performance in BP1 and defended it, it wasn't until after he died that ppl started acting like they weren't calling him the most boring part of his own movie.

So yea, sometimes (often times?) an adjustment period is needed to iron out the best depiction of a character.
Spot on. Everyone was more of a fan of killmonger in BP1 than black panther. Black panther was boring in his own movie

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Are you suggesting the quality has been the same since Infinity War?
Oh you want my opinion on Phase 4? It's been mixed but still their worst movies (GotG 2, Antman 2, Thor 2) are still pre IW.
The only thing I haven't liked in Phase 4 is Hawkeye, everything else has been mid to really good. Nothing has been top tier as the top 5 movies pre Phase 4 (Cap 2, BP, IW, EG and IM). But I also anticipated Phase 4 more being about secondary heroes and bigger villains and I was not expecting or wanting them to rush mutants. I'm glad they really haven't gone there yet. Let the Fox stuff get somewhat dated before doing it and recast everyone.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Oh you want my opinion on Phase 4? It's been mixed but still their worst movies (GotG 2, Antman 2, Thor 2) are still pre IW.
The only thing I haven't liked in Phase 4 is Hawkeye, everything else has been mid to really good. Nothing has been top tier as the top 5 movies pre Phase 4 (Cap 2, BP, IW, EG and IM). But I also anticipated Phase 4 more being about secondary heroes and bigger villains and I was not expecting or wanting them to rush mutants. I'm glad they really haven't gone there yet. Let the Fox stuff get somewhat dated before doing it and recast everyone.

3 dope efforts

Loki
Werewolf by Night
Shang Chi

One fun one- Ms Marvel

Everything else was sub-par to a disaster

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, you want Disney to make Rated R shyt. That's just not their brand. It's not Marvel's either. The comics never had too much explicit material, like 90%+ of their comics were for everybody and had jokes.

s-l1600.jpg

:comeon: :dahell: :francis:

You clearly never read their shyt man. There are specific characters that deserve their depiction to be accurate asking for Punisher or Blade to be rated R is not asking much. They literally have already been successfully been depicted as rated R by Snipes and Bernthal. Anything less is gonna look like straight azz.

Like what you like and do you though

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
s-l1600.jpg

:comeon: :dahell: :francis:

You clearly never read their shyt man. There are specific characters that deserve their depiction to be accurate asking for Punisher or Blade to be rated R is not asking much. They literally have already been successfully been depicted as rated R by Snipes and Bernthal. Anything less is gonna look like straight azz.

Like what you like and do you though
I wonder why the blood is black instead of red there? Hmm . . . It is a color picture, that's weird unless . . .
I collected comics for a decade my statement is true. I have Punisher #1. For the most part Marvel was not rated R, there was not a lot of cursing, no T and A and gore was kept to a minimum. Are you saying that's not true?