Why an Honors Student Wants to Skip College and Go to Trade School

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Right but I know dudes in they early 20s who union electricians or sheet metal workers making 80k+..Yall rather sit up in some damn college to learn something that a million other people know how to do than rather learn a trade that very few know how to do.

But y’all will praise anti union states like Texas,Georgia and basically most of the south :mjlol:
Mfs make pennies down there compared to up north trade unions. Union trades up here like $42+/hourly...down there in the 25-35 range

Right-to-Work-States.jpg

If you live in one of the right to work states you might as well not even work

Damn shame. The fear of unions fukked up the workforce.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It’s about having options. Some children do better doing vocational because it’s easier to apply whatever skill. It’s what I believe most people wish college was really like; you go learn your concentration then that’s it.

The thing about life, though, no type of job can prepare you for. That goes for both the college and the vocational learner. Both the college student and vocational student will have to adapt later in life...

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:As an Honors student, she should qualify for grants and scholarships and avoid most of the stuff mediocre students go through.

That said, I back trades 100%. My plan is to go back to college, but *only* after I get some headway through my career. My grades were not nearly good
enough to justify the time and money I wasted going to college, cause I simply was not interested. Would have done better staying with UPS and paying my dues
until getting that Driver comeup. Know a few cats who stuck around, now making 80k+, full benefits, and have a growing pension as well as stock options.:francis:

These dudes were not academically inclined, but they are in better positions than many of the top-tier folks from my graduating class in HS. They went to prestigious

universities but the conversion rate to "esteemed" positions that also gave them huge earning power is super low. I think my HS valedictorian is a hairdresser.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Some folks want to do vocational stuff and others want to go to school to do something. Both are fine as long as you have the passion for it. Im about letting the option of vocational jobs be known. But i feel like no kid should be pushed to do either or.:yeshrug:

:mjlol: at the college is a scam crowd, if you don't play it smart, you'll get got.