Why are DeRozan and Lowry so garbage in the Playoffs?

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I know they won today but these dudes shot terribly. They really can't string together a good run of PO games to save their lives. I don't get it. Why? :jbhmm:

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
Lowry played well despite shooting poorly. Their shots have just been off in the last two games. I would wait to see how they both respond over the rest of the series, and the rest of the playoffs. They're both still getting to their spots on the floor. Lack of calls have been having an effect on DeRozan's game too.

:manny:

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
[QUOTE="360Waves, post: 18776966, member: 23083"d]I know they won today but these dudes shot terribly. They really can't string together a good run of PO games to save their lives. I don't get it. Why? :jbhmm:[/QUOTE]
Because derozan is a one on one player and in the playoffs defensive schemes and the rise in defensive discipline pretty much ends that non sense and as a result it destroys the flow of the game when derozan insists on doing fadeaways all day against the lengthy PG..

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're the only two on their team who can create offense, and Derozan specifically is a one-on-one player who doesn't hit threes, so it's easy to draw up a defensive gameplan against that when you know you get to play them night after night. Over an 82-game schedule where you play a different team every game you're able to win plenty of games straight off of talent; I almost look at Toronto as a less talented version of Oklahoma City.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are second and third options that are being forced into number 1 options come playoff time
Playoffs is a whole different ball game
Coaches got days/weeks to study players
If you can't adapt you pay :yeshrug:

They should still win this series tho
Pacers are that bad defensively
But they getting blown out against the heat

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Lowry shot 4/13 but he really took shots he normally makes...his 3 ain't going down right now....DeRozan is unwilling to adjust his game and that's why he's stinking it up..I also think it's mental with him right now...Casey should be running some different sets with him to get him going but of course that requires an actual playbook....

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
I dunno why they insist on playing derozan one on one against George.... Pg is awful match up for him

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I dunno why they insist on playing derozan one on one against George.... Pg is awful match up for him

Derozan still thinks he can get his shot off against him...I'm sure that's all of it. ..his pride is kind of in the way right now...he wants to prove he can do it playing his way...

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Not allowed to have nice things in Canada :mjcry:

Unless you from out east and rep the Pats :youngsabo:

• Dap
Reactions: 85

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
Derozan still thinks he can get his shot off against him...I'm sure that's all of it. ..his pride is kind of in the way right now...he wants to prove he can do it playing his way...

:scusthov: he is 6'9 moves as fast , stronger and even longer wingspan..:heh:, motion should be your best friend. So it's true he refused to work on his three ball?