Why Are Digital Games always full price vs. The Discounted Physicals?

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Now with Amazon & Best Buy giving us 20% off on new games, why doesn't this carry over to the digital version?

Why aren't digital games cheaper to begin with? The cost associated with them is obviously less. At times I want to buy the digital version, but I can't justify the price difference. What's the science behind this?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So Sony & Microsoft keep the Digitals at full price to let the Brick & Mortars plus Amazon eat off of physical copies?
pretty much. these stores already lost most of their music and movie sales. they lookin at it like "games is all we got left" :sadcam:

and ultimately they are in a position to strong-arm console manufacturers, since they count on them to sell their hardware

I do think it's a shame that we're stuck with this situation that only exists to keep an antiquated model alive

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Now with Amazon & Best Buy giving us 20% off on new games, why doesn't this carry over to the digital version?

Why aren't digital games cheaper to begin with? The cost associated with them is obviously less. At times I want to buy the digital version, but I can't justify the price difference. What's the science behind this?

I have no idea. cuz digital should certainly be cheaper. just goes to show you their greed. amazon is killing the game with these discounts for having prime. only thing DD has is you can get it at midnight vs waiting til the next morning for amazon to drop it in my mailbox.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I have no idea. cuz digital should certainly be cheaper. just goes to show you their greed. amazon is killing the game with these discounts for having prime. only thing DD has is you can get it at midnight vs waiting til the next morning for amazon to drop it in my mailbox.

You must live in a small town because amazon does release date delivery

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
My immediate assumption was that you are paying for the convenience. Both then, and long term since it will always be there in your downloads history

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I remember a few years back when all PC games were $10 cheaper because they were digital. That went away fast. :mjcry:

Digital games should be cheaper. There is no production needed (no case, no disc, no insert). Companies just charge you the same price as the physical version, because they can. :mjcry:

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
I audibly laughed when I saw that Street Fighter V was $60 on PSN while I had just bought it on eBay for $38 shipped. Physical media will always be superior to digital to me simply for the fact that I can hold it in my hands, or display it on my shelf and feel like I actually own it.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember a few years back when all PC games were $10 cheaper because they were digital. That went away fast. :mjcry:

Digital games should be cheaper. There is no production needed (no case, no disc, no insert). Companies just charge you the same price as the physical version, because they can. :mjcry:
Thats why we got cdkey sites breh :youngsabo: