Why Are Digital Games always full price vs. The Discounted Physicals?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I buy most digital games so me and my brother can share, but i do prefer physical copies mainly to display on my shelf. I have about 60 digital games on xb1 and about 40 physical games on ps4 and xb1 combined. Over 100 physical ps3 and 360 games.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty much. these stores already lost most of their music and movie sales. they lookin at it like "games is all we got left" :sadcam:

and ultimately they are in a position to strong-arm console manufacturers, since they count on them to sell their hardware

I do think it's a shame that we're stuck with this situation that only exists to keep an antiquated model alive
they make a ton of their money off of accessories folks. same with MS and sony. ms and sony take L's on the console. because it costs more to make than what they are charging us. that means gamestop and the likes are not getting a great return on console sells either. the reason why they want you to buy a console is they know then you HAVE to buy a game. nobody is investing $300 or so into a box and not play games on it. aint happening. so they know you're coming back to get some games and to get another controller(thats why they only provide 1 in the box..it use to be 2 back in the good ole days.) these controllers are breaking faster than ever. these headsets are getting loose and not working that well either. so you have to keep buying accessories.