Why are nigggas like J.Cole considered "Conscious" rappers?

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Bruhhhh the rap game is a joke now. :mjlol:

The game has gotten so bad that nikkas like J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Wale, and at one point in time Kanye are considered "conscious rappers". Like WTF are these nikkas saying that is conscious? :heh:

These nikkas aint kickin no Esoteric knowledge, these nikkas aint talkin bout no 5% nation shyt, these nikkas aint talkin bout no Kemet/Nubian history, these nikkas aint talkin bout no Marcus Garvey & Black Nationalism shyt, these nikkas aint talkin bout no Malcolm X shyt, these nikkas aint talkin bout no Black Love & the Black Woman is Queen shyt........
:dahell:

J.Cole talks about losing his virginity, and "dont save her she dont wanna be saved" , and because it's not about Trap shyt it's considered "conscious" :heh: What a fukkin Joke.

Let's compare conscious hiphop, to the bullshyt of today.

compare.

:camby:Get this bullshyt outta here. :aicmon:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
I see where this thread going, nikkas posting these corny ass j.cole songs, but that bullshyt is not conscious. :heh:
I just listened to 2 of them and they are ass. :heh:

Don't lump Wale in with Cole/Kendrick :ufdup:

I'm not really into either, but people consider Wale,and Kendrick to be "conscious", and I'm tryna figure out why.

I need answers, not no fukkin youtube videos :aicmon:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Though I am a fan, I never understood why J Cole was considered conscience I guess it was the way the roc nation machine wanted to brand him to sell.

He's just as misogynistic, calls women bytches and hoes, and brings up guns just as much as the next average rapper with a couple pseudo deep messages thrown in here and there and people eat it up.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

??? I hope this wasn't an attempt to prove op wrong when Cole started the song talking about he don't know why hoes keep calling him when they know he only wants to bone and fukk if you excel he's only worried about his welfare. Another pseudo rap song from him.

Enchanted maybe my fav song off that tape But I feel like he tries to hard to come across like he's conscious. Royce said it best "he's so himself it's the gimmick"

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
I'm not really into either, but people consider Wale,and Kendrick to be "conscious", and I'm tryna figure out why.

I need answers, not no fukkin youtube videos :aicmon:

I don't know if I consider Wale super "conscious" but he does talk a LOT about black love and that black women are queens. I'm not really sure Wale is going for conscious either, it's just that fans throw that word around for the fukk of it because of how repetitive and tired mainstream rap is. No real topics being discussed.