Why are NY rappers always talking about cutting people?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I mean shooting is universal. But it seems NYC rappers are always talking about cutting peoples' faces, razor blades, boxcutters, gem stars, giving people buck 50s and shyt.

What's up with that? Is it because NY's notorious stiff gun laws and heavy police presence makes it more practical to use a blade than a gun?

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing deprives a man of his pride and honor more than when he has permanent scars that remind him of the enemy who inflicted them upon him. Unlike with gun shots, it is much more personal because you are close to the nikka and perfectly directing where you want your symbol of humiliation to be placed on his face.

The only thing more emasculating than a scar to the face is when a nikka rapes you (no homo). That shyt leaves some psychological scars that doesn't need no mark to remind you it happened, every time you see your rapist your butt cheeks gon clench as a reflex action.:damn:

Never go to jail or have beef with a homo thug brehs.:ufdup:

JuicyJ

Banned
Daps
Nothing deprives a man of his pride and honor more than when he has permanent scars that remind him of the enemy who inflicted them upon him. Unlike with gun shots, it is much more personal because you are close to the nikka and perfectly directing where you want your symbol of humiliation to be placed on his face.

The only thing more emasculating than a scar to the face is when a nikka rapes you (no homo). That shyt leaves some psychological scars that doesn't need no mark to remind you it happened, every time you see your rapist your butt cheeks gon clench as a reflex action.:damn:

Never go to jail or have beef with a homo thug brehs.:ufdup:
you sound like you're speaking from experience.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Never thought that slicing shyt was cool. You slice me, I'm killing you.

slicing is a '90s thing anyway. A relic outside of some hispanics :pachaha:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
"I got no morals, my mind is in the gutter kid I'll open up your face with my orange boxcutter"-Sticky Fingaz :demonic:

"Gem stars razor sharp like Gilette, shavin closely on any character approach me"-Prodigy :demonic:

"I'm carving my initials on your forehead, so every night before bed you'll the BP shine off the board head"-Big Punisher :demonic:

"Anyone can bust a gun but stabbing a nikka is real, 'cause you gotta have the guts for the way that it feel"-Noreaga :demonic:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
"I'm going out blasting taking my enemies with me,
And if not they scarred so they will never forget me"
:demonic:

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

True. I have witnessed a few myself back then, but don't recall seeing any in the 2000s.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I'm a 90s baby and when I was in middle school in the early 2000s I can assure you nikkas still carried box cutters.

In 06 I SEEN a nikka almost get stabbed in the Junction, several years later I seen a nikka with freshly sliced up face out in Staten Island.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you sound like you're speaking from experience.
I seen nikkas get sliced by some of my boys, and they'd always make a comment about "remember me" after doing it. Every time you saw a nikka with a scar you knew he was someone's "bytch" so to speak, in NY you will still see a lot of older nikkas with scars that they received from the 90s.

As for the rape thing, well one skinny nikka I knew who was a wild cat, went to jail and was rumored to have been raped, when he came out he was always quiet, got heavy into various drugs, and would have nervous breakdowns where he would start crying violently, he got sent back to jail for petty theft. Besides I think most straight prideful males don't need to see a male rape victim to know how traumatizing and pride damaging such an event would be.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a 90s baby and when I was in middle school in the early 2000s I can assure you nikkas still carried box cutters.

In 06 I SEEN a nikka almost get stabbed in the Junction, several years later I seen a nikka with freshly sliced up face out in Staten Island.

What you describing sounds like a few cats just paying tribute to the old school ways, because in the 90s you would have seen A LOT of those incidents within any given year.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I still have a stab scar from when I got poked. I can't lie, I look at this shyt sometimes and just :smh:

nikkas out here are grimey. NY hoods are Easily the most grimey out hoods in the country. Maybe not the most violent, but definitely the most grimey.