Why are NY rappers always talking about cutting people?

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
I seen nikkas get sliced by some of my boys, and they'd always make a comment about "remember me" after doing it. Every time you saw a nikka with a scar you knew he was someone's "bytch" so to speak, in NY you will still see a lot of older nikkas with scars that they received from the 90s.

As for the rape thing, well one skinny nikka I knew who was a wild cat, went to jail and was rumored to have been raped, when he came out he was always quiet, got heavy into various drugs, and would have nervous breakdowns where he would start crying violently, he got sent back to jail for petty theft. Besides I think most straight prideful males don't need to see a male rape victim to know how traumatizing and pride damaging such an event would be.

idk if i agree with the whole 'gettin stabbed means you're someone's bytch'

Cuban Link got stabbed by one of Fat Joe's Goons and he doesn't come across as someone's 'bytch' oranything like that. he even kind of jokes baout it:yeshrug:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What you describing sounds like a few cats just paying tribute to the old school ways, because in the 90s you would have seen A LOT of those incidents within any given year.
These was young nikkas breh...

:comeon: at some teenagers carrying pocket knifes just to pay tribute.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk if i agree with the whole 'gettin stabbed means you're someone's bytch'

Cuban Link got stabbed by one of Fat Joe's Goons and he doesn't come across as someone's 'bytch' oranything like that. he even kind of jokes baout it:yeshrug:
Perhaps "bytch" is too strong, let us call it a "mark of defeat".

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still have a stab scar from when I got poked. I can't lie, I look at this shyt sometimes and just :smh:

nikkas out here are grimey. NY hoods are Easily the most grimey out hoods in the country. Maybe not the most violent, but definitely the most grimey.

Breh I have a scar on my hand from some nikka who threw a bottle at me, that ain't even a scar on the face, but when I see it I wanna strangle that nikka and shove his face in broken glass.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These was young nikkas breh...

:comeon: at some teenagers carrying pocket knifes just to pay tribute.
I was being sarcastic with the paying tribute part, I ain't up on what's going on with the youngin's these days, but generally I see a lot less scarred young faces in NY now then I did back in the 90's.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Breh I have a scar on my hand from some nikka who threw a bottle at me, that ain't even a scar on the face, but when I see it I wanna strangle that nikka and shove his face in broken glass.
Same. I think I posted the story of how I got poked too. Over 40 dollars breh. 40 dollars. :smh:

Doctor said if it was a little bit lower I could have died. :snoop:

But One of them nikkas is dead now so. :hmm:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
I mean shooting is universal. But it seems NYC rappers are always talking about cutting peoples' faces, razor blades, boxcutters, gem stars, giving people buck 50s and shyt.

What's up with that? Is it because NY's notorious stiff gun laws and heavy police presence makes it more practical to use a blade than a gun?
its just part of NYC culture always has always will be..
was like that when it was 3k murders a year so gun laws have nothin to do with it:manny: