Why are so many of you still holding onto American exceptionalism?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
America has always projected it and people have fallen into the pattern.

America has always been known for its innovation and big thinking, lots of it has been driven by the military and NASA but now mostly on the IT front.

American exceptionally for me was never an issue because Americans we proud but humble about it and they could back it up.

All that's changed now it seems. The loudest voices in America seem to be the idiots.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
America has always projected it and people have fallen into the pattern.

America has always been known for its innovation and big thinking, lots of it has been driven by the military and NASA but now mostly on the IT front.

American exceptionally for me was never an issue because Americans we proud but humble about it and they could back it up.

All that's changed now it seems. The loudest voices in America seem to be the idiots.

Facts....and they are electing candidates who reflect their stupidity.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
American exceptionalism is a myth due to the country being so young and powerful. Its like the baby of the family having everyone's attention, that is the United States.

Trump has successfully destroyed that in the eyes of the world, and the US is now entering adolescents and the world isn't making them the center of the Earth like it used to be. (edit: the world also don't have much patience for the "quirks" we showed as young children)

The only people who believe in this myth are lunatics on the right, like Trump. The CEOs of major companies don't, but will exploit the myth. Politicians don't believe the myth but will sell it to stay in power. The media sells us this myth but people are becoming numb to them. And the people who walk around in "kicking the world's ass since 1776" shirts believe it, but they also see their power slipping away.

This decade is going to be like the 1960s for America.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
never bought into this shyt

our foreign policy post-1945 has been nothing but bullying, extortion and murder. it's nothing to be proud of. and as far as back home, the average american doesnt have much to show for our exceptionalism besides cheap gas and cheap products from china

there's a lot of good things about this country, there's a reason people risk their lives to get here. but the whole "god's gift to the world" image that we present is :scusthov:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
American exceptionalism is a myth due to the country being so young and powerful. Its like the baby of the family having everyone's attention, that is the United States.

Trump has successfully destroyed that in the eyes of the world, but the US is now entering adolescents and the world isn't making them the center of the Earth like it used to be.

The only people who believe in this myth are lunatics on the right, like Trump. The CEOs of major companies don't, but will exploit the myth. Politicians don't believe the myth but will sell it to stay in power. The media sells us this myth but people are becoming numb to them. And the people who walk around in "kicking the world's ass since 1776" shirts believe it, but they also see their power slipping away.

This decade is going to be like the 1960s for America.
I will say America is still exceptional in one terrible, embarrassing way. We still have the biggest military and still won't hesitate to use it to benefit our government's interests. That causes a lot of pain and suffering around the world and what's worse is the majority of American citizens don't even benefit from it. The world recognizes this and is picking other terrain to beat us.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The world recognizes this and is picking other terrain to beat us.
That's the big issue. US companies cry about China IP theft a lot. Russia is using social media to body us, and Europe basically works without the US.

The only power we have is the military, but a lot of people in the military aren't in it due to being true believers. I would say 60-65 percent are in the military to pay bills or get away from a boring or terrible living situation.

I think there will be a point where the soldiers turn on generals and politicians because they don't believe in what they are doing. A lot of veterans that came back from Afghanistan and Iraq are calling out what they did.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Thats the big issue. US companies cry about China IP theft a lot. Russia is using social media to body us, and Europe basically work without the US.

The only power we have is the military, but a lot of people in the military aren't in it due to belief in patriotism, etc. I would say 60-65 percent are in the military to pay bills or get away from a boring or terrible living situation.
The countries in the eastern part of the world have wised up on capitalism while also having authoritarian governments, this is a lethal combination. While we are also extremely capitalist we have some democracy which slows us down in being decisive in the market place. Definitely putting us at a disadvantage trade and economy wise.
Also, we have failed the citizenry education wise, it was never a big enough priority on the federal level. A lot of people complaining about idiot Americans in this thread, well they are idiots by design. We are suffering from our neglect of the importance of education.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Facts....and they are electing candidates who reflect their stupidity.
I remember what I feel like this shift really gaining hold. Particularly during the Tea Party movement. There was so much liberal resentment scoped around, "These educated liberals feel like they know more than we do. I bet they can't field strip a deer!" :francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember what I feel like this shift really gaining hold. Particularly during the Tea Party movement. There was so much liberal resentment scoped around, "These educated liberals feel like they know more than we do. I bet they can't field strip a deer!" :francis:
the sad part is that if the democrats could just find a way to reach those people, they could effectively destroy the republican party. there's no reason some redneck in alabama who makes 35 grand a year driving a tow truck should be voting for the republicans, besides identity politics about racism, guns and jesus

frankly they don't seem like they even want to be reached, so it might not be possible. but if it was :ehh: