WHY CURRY DOESN’T GET THE RESPECT HE DESERVES FROM THE MEDIA

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Curry had a great fukking team last year why are people forgetting that. He’s in the top 3 what more do y’all what

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Has an argument for best player. Definitely top 3, would put him above Emblid and Luka. Jokic was 2 time MVP, Giannis has a finals MVP. Steph fathered this era tho.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Fair warning. They're going to attempt to diminish his legacy and accomplishments when he retires. For better or worse, Steph literally fathered the current era of NBA basketball. They won't care. They'll tell you he was never the top player and his only accomplishment was shooting the 3 ball. He won't get credit for rebuilding the Warriors as their centerpiece and heart. He'll have been gift wrapped Draymond Green & Klay Thompson (two guys everyone outside of the Bay will swear had "hall of famer" written on them before their names were called in the draft.) He'll have been carried by Durant for two even though he'll end his career with more rings won without KD than KD will without him and the analytics will show he was never more effective or impactful on the game than Jokic.

You'll know what you saw in real time, but that won't stop the Klutch gaslighting. Yall nikkas better buckle up. :manny:
Curry buried all that talk with this finals run and winning the chip, FMVP and first ever conference FMVP….

Just look at sports media now after he won this year they literally rather not talk about it anymore verses when he didn’t have a FMVP…

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i remember during the middle of their run this postseason, It got asked on an nba podcast what this will do for curry’s legacy if he wins his 4th ring and the hosts said nothin really. His legacy is what it is at this point. And it’s not nothin else curry could do to probably build in it. They said A long playoff run while Klay was gone the last two years probably would’ve helped but he couldn’t sniff the postseason without Klay healthy.

Remember their first championship runs the themes and slogans was something along like strengths in numbers and parts of a whole? So they always promoted Warriors as well oil machine that needed everybody to be contending team

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can have a great season and not be recognized as the best player anymore. That's not a slight.

To many people, by 2009 and 2010 Kobe was not the best player in the league while averaging 30ppg through three straight Finals runs. I remember people ranking LeBron, Durant, CP3, Wade and even Nash over him at the same time.

Was that the truth? In my opinion no, but I can see where they were coming from sometimes. No one is out here plotting against Steph. It takes insane levels of paranoia to think so.

So you’re saying if Durant did what Curry did this past post season (same stats and everything) he’d be ranked 5th overall?

No the media would be worshiping him

And Curry would be ranked around 15-20th

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
i remember during the middle of their run this postseason, It got asked on an nba podcast what this will do for curry’s legacy if he wins his 4th ring and the hosts said nothin really. His legacy is what it is at this point. And it’s not nothin else curry could do to probably build in it. They said A long playoff run while Klay was gone the last two years probably would’ve helped but he couldn’t sniff the postseason without Klay healthy.

Remember their first championship runs the themes and slogans was something along like strengths in numbers and parts of a whole? So they always promoted Warriors as well oil machine that needed everybody to be contending team
NBA media, brehs. :skip:

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Curry elevated all his teammates.
Yes he does I personally got him second behind gannis but he for sure had the best overall team last year. You got nikkas in this thread talking about how he did jokic and luka in the playoffs like those teams had a chance

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Maybe it’s the fact that Curry was in a two month slump? He was the run away MVP until about December when GS started losing and his numbers dipped. I have more of an issue of Durant being ranked #8. What is the criteria for these lists?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Yes he does I personally got him second behind gannis but he for sure had the best overall team last year. You got nikkas in this thread talking about how he did jokic and luka in the playoffs like those teams had a chance
Media had Denver, Memphis, Dallas and Celtics beating the warriors

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
We got objectives.

1 is to prevent Curry from surpassing Bron.

The other is to push all the other greats beneath Bron.

Bron is the king as long as we continue to complete those objectives.

If not, he Top 7.

Yea that's what it is. Those damn narratives be the only thing in the way:mjlol: