Why didn't Paul Spadafora ever get his shot?

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
He was IBF lightweight champ fighting on HBO but inactivity & that murder case ended his prime before Mayweather became the king. Interesting fight!

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Doin dumb sh!t. Shot his girlfriend, been in an out of the bing, arrested multiple times, drug use, alcoholic, etc.. And he's still doing dumb shyt.

Assault charges against ex-champ Spadafora dropped

Prosecutors dropped assault charges against former lightweight boxing champ Paul Spadafora for allegedly stabbing his brother and kicking his mother during a family dispute, though he's still charged with threatening city police officers who intervened, and spitting on one.

Spadafora waived a preliminary hearing Wednesday on an aggravated assault charge -- for allegedly spitting at the officer -- several counts of making terroristic threats and resisting arrest stemming from the Dec. 21 fracas.

The charges involving his family members were dropped because the family failed to show at Wednesday's preliminary hearing and two prior hearings that were also postponed because Spadafora's mother, Ann, didn't appear, defense attorney William Difenderfer said.

Daps
would he be the former undisputed p4p sparring king @BlackManLiveFromLondon :jbhmm:

:wow: Looks like it

Two fighters both overhyped because they had one sparring session where they gave Floyd Mayweather a tough time (in one of them he wasnt even in full fighting condition :mjgrin: )

Spadafora fought no namers and still has a better resume than Spence till this day :wow:

and thats THE TRUTH :mjgrin:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
:wow: Looks like it

Two fighters both overhyped because they had one sparring session where they gave Floyd Mayweather a tough time (in one of them he wasnt even in full fighting condition :mjgrin: )

Spadafora fought no namers and still has a better resume than Spence till this day :wow:

and thats THE TRUTH :mjgrin:

Makes it that much better when he fractures Brook Orbital bone :mjgrin:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I don't remember clearly, but I think at the time it was the fans enamored with the Floyd sparring video, not really the media. What I remember was the boxing insiders surprisely understood that it was just sparring and saw that Floyd was out of shape and Spadafora tought Floyd a valuable lesson about being prepared and not taking things lightly. I don't remember anyone credible who actually thought if they fought an actual fight that Spadafora had a chance to beat Floyd.

Someone who was in deeper in boxing at that time period may want to correct me or fill in with more info.

Daps
Makes it that much better when he fractures Brook Orbital bone :mjgrin:

Brook had GGGift levitating in the ring

Spence is getting dropped you heard it here first :mjgrin:

You must accept that the UK runs this boxing shyt now :mjgrin:

Spence is getting dropped infront of 32,000 in Sheffield :mjgrin:

And after we're finished with 147, 154 is NEXT :blessed:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Brook had GGGift levitating in the ring

Spence is getting dropped you heard it here first :mjgrin:

You must accept that the UK runs this boxing shyt now :mjgrin:

Spence is getting dropped infront of 32,000 in Sheffield :mjgrin:

And after we're finished with 147, 154 is NEXT :blessed:
GGG was walking right through Brook's punches. Brook is a strong puncher, but not a KO artist.
Spence puts Brook down on the canvas in a way GGG wasn't able to do. He will connect cleaner and has excellent power.
Watching a Brit go down in front of his home crowd and seeing their pain through the screen. :banderas:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't remember clearly, but I think at the time it was the fans enamored with the Floyd sparring video, not really the media. What I remember was the boxing insiders surprisely understood that it was just sparring and saw that Floyd was out of shape and Spadafora tought Floyd a valuable lesson about being prepared and not taking things lightly. I don't remember anyone credible who actually thought if they fought an actual fight that Spadafora had a chance to beat Floyd.

Someone who was in deeper in boxing at that time period may want to correct me or fill in with more info.

thats all that was really..also the reason why you dont really see any 3rd party camera sparring action from anybody not in his camp afterwards..spaddy was seen as very talented so he could have given floyd some work..they prolly would have crossed paths at some point though..spaddy was a champ 1 division up from floyd at the time of the sparring...but they both held lightweight titles at the same time a little later...spaddy getting the draw with dorin in that unification attempt and him getting into trouble all the time prolly fukked up a potential unification with floyd at lightweight

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
GGG was walking right through Brook's punches. Brook is a strong puncher, but not a KO artist.
Spence puts Brook down on the canvas in a way GGG wasn't able to do. He will connect cleaner and has excellent power.
Watching a Brit go down in front of his home crowd and seeing their pain through the screen. :banderas:

When you gotta mention a fight you literally got your face broken as a plus. :mjlol:

Can't wait to hear the "bbbbut" when he catch that first flush hook and starts to pat that eye b4 taking a knee and eventual white flag.

Boxing is no country for men with prior orbital bone injuries.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
When you gotta mention a fight you literally got your face broken as a plus. :mjlol:

Can't wait to hear the "bbbbut" when he catch that first flush hook and starts to pat that eye b4 taking a knee and eventual white flag.

Boxing is no country for men with prior orbital bone injuries.
It may take more than 5, but I think Spence beats up Brook worse than GGG. Brook got lucky GGG didnt have the speed to catch Brook cleanly and beat him up that badly with his size and glancing blows.

Spence is going to land clean shots. :demonic: