Why do Drake peers still respect him? Royce 5'9 "I still think he's a lyricist..just not top tier"

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
So emotions aside, how do you guys feel about these artists, esecially the lyricists being cool with Drake and still respecting his artistry. They don't seem to agree with the online nerd line of thought that Drake has never written a rhyme.

No feelings brehs. Just dialogue :pachaha:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
exactly what Royce said, he's an "artist". Cole & Kendrick are better lyricists than Drake. now if all of this "ghostwriting" rumors didn't come out he might of been in the discussion more. Drake makes great music, but he shouldn't be in the same category as a Kendrick, Nas, Em, Cole, Royce, Jay Z etc.

I agree. But I also never thought Drake was near Kendrick level lyrically in the first place.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Drake deal is because he is arguably the most popular rapper in the game. Mac Miller ain't getting that deal :pachaha:

As I post this my girl just text me DJ Khaled is going on tour with Beyonce lmao

Khaled's doing big things regardless, he came a long way from just being a DJ :ehh:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
New dental technology
I got em
50 got em
A lot of entertainers got em :banderas:

edit: Wrong thread.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
So emotions aside, how do you guys feel about these artists, esecially the lyricists being cool with Drake and still respecting his artistry. They don't seem to agree with the online nerd line of thought that Drake has never written a rhyme.

No feelings brehs. Just dialogue :pachaha:

Everybody's concerned with making their own money, why would they care? If Drake sends shots to them, I bet they'd let it be known then, but I'm pretty sure mostly everyone feels the same way Royce does -- talented artist, but out of the running officially in terms of being a lyricist.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
@Zero feelings caught :banderas:

Everybody's concerned with making their own money, why would they care? If Drake sends shots to them, I bet they'd let it be known then, but I'm pretty sure mostly everyone feels the same way Royce does -- talented artist, but out of the running officially in terms of being a lyricist.

Nah he could've just said he doesn't care. He went out is way to point out Drake is one of his favourite artists and a lyricist fam. He just said he can't be in the convo with the very best of lyricists. Which is fair.