Why do I have such a hard time understanding some accents?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Capital one deferring ya'll nikkas calls to outsourced indian call centers? DAMN! But to answers your question it's because as an anglophone your brain is use to hearing and recognizing certain speech patterns so when a new speech pattern and vocalization of words are introduced to you, you're not going to pick them up as fast as you would normally.

And western languages are a lot of different than eastern languages. Easterns languages in general can be a lot more tonal and guttural. So someone who's use to speaking in a one language that uses for example more nasalization for the pronunciation of words might have a harder time when the words in another language this case English aren't usually produced in that same manner.
I called into Capital One, and I legit couldn't figure out what this Indian sounding lady was talking about.

I'm pretty sure she was speaking English but my mind was like :dwillhuh::what::patrice::mindblown::wtf:

Can anyone explain this

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
And another example in Romance languages us Anglophones tend to struggle with the "R's" in there languages. Like how you might roll the R in spanish in english we don't really roll our tongue to pronounce a lot of words. And in French were you have to use your throat to pronouce it. So different speech technique you have to gain to speak clearly or as close to the native speakers in another language can be difficult to master.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Capital one deferring ya'll nikkas calls to outsourced indian call centers? DAMN! But to answers your question it's because as an anglophone your brain is use to hearing and recognizing certain speech patterns so when a new speech pattern and vocalization of words are introduced to you, you're not going to pick them up as fast as you would normally.

And western languages are a lot of different than eastern languages. Easterns languages in general can be a lot more tonal and guttural. So someone who's use to speaking in a one language that uses for example more nasalization for the pronunciation of words might have a harder time when the words in another language this case English aren't usually produced in that same manner.

Thanks.

I just find it odd they seem to know exactly what I'm talking about, but I have no idea wtf they're trying to say.

Also, I never have this issue when I call into Discover :sas2:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
ImmaculateMassiveChick-size_restricted.gif

I don't know why I'm dying at the tag that says "I'll Call back." but that shyt has me....​