Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
From South American/Carib parents myself,we mos def did some serious ranking back when we where younger but at a certain age we just did it amongst family or friends we have known for a long time and know they won't get too upset.Once you're grown that shyt does not fly unless you want to see hands or worse.I agree that sometimes nikkas get too emotional over some jokes but some things are just off limits(mothers,kids,wives and dead relatives).I've personally seen nikkas get fukked up and/or shot over mamma/dead relatives jokes after dude got nummerous warnings to cut it out but had people cheering him along and laughing.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
I remember two of my friends were cracking on each other, one was Ghanian the other was jamaican, then the Jamaican said "suck your mudda" as a joke .... shyt got real very quick and we kept on trying to explain to my Ghanian friend that thats how Jamaicans crack jokes ......

'suck ya mudda' Are fighting words fam , I don't know anyone that plays like that :francis:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
AAs invented this flaming shyt.

I think the Egyptians have you guys beat, and they have a culture of such activity or what you call roasting, and dont give to shyts about it.

Physically looks jokes from your nose to skin color, everything is fair game to them, as I noticed.

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Africans love to bring up personal shyt first...and AAs called each other that.
Who would call you that when you're only around other immigrants? A Scotian?
Nah, what y'all call roasting is low level humor. I'm saying we're way better at it.
I don't even joke around like that with nikkas up here, y'all get mad too quick... put the funniest Toronto "mans" in the US and he would get reduced to tears by a grade schooler.
It's the accent, delivery, slang, and style...not just the content.
@Ugo Ogugwa can roast due to Houston upbringing.
I'm not saying people aren't a little sensitive but this doesn't fukking matter

You're still using "African" as part of the insult:gucci:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:dame: You grew up around white and Asian people.

I'm Nigerian and West Indian. Man wed cut up amongst each other but definitely some of my fam couldn't take it. Including me.

:mjcry:
Still feeling the burn for getting clowned for wearing Fila back in 1996.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I don't play that african booty scratcher shyt because i got told that by mostly white folks growing up so when a breh says that i automatically assume he's a c00n

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
i don't like how Chicago/Southern nikkas cutass. They just say random shyt then be like "ass boy" and go crazy for that shyt. Like it's not even funny:ld:

That NY brand of roasting be havin nikkas wanting to get the pistol
:mjlol: holy shyt holy shyt this so true, that's why i could't do that shyt because north easterners WILL cross that line at least down south it's more jovial
:francis: nikkas will say off rip " that's why your fathers dead" or "that's why your mom is in a wheelchair" you know a breh gonna get cutty after that