Why Do Most Lil Wayne Stans Ignore His First 3 Albums?

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
Same reason most of the wayne stans prefer dd3 over d2 despite d2 being much better, its more accessible

plus most wayne stans aint even hip hop heads so they gravitate towards the music thats most talked about

I fukk with the first 3 heavy, along with all his other overlooked projects like Dedication 1, lilweezana vol 1, etc

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
its because theyre young!!!!!!

most of his big fans really got into rap in that mid-2000s era or later.

theyre also under the impression that his little squad mixtapes that preceeded his run actually meant something.:laugh: and 500 degreez.:laff:

They probably weren't fans of southern rap. I dont know how big hot boyz were outside the south but I could definitely see other regions completely writing him off around that time. Carter era Wayne was a shift where his style became more palatable to a general hip hop ear.

the hot boys were the biggest group of their time. in 2000 alone, they did like 2 or 3 sport arena tours thru every region and packed them chits.

and most wayne fans grew up on southern rap dominance in the mainstream. there aren't many elitist types listening to lil wayne breh.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is true and the Block is Hot is arguably better than any of the Carter albums. He's one of the few teenage rappers that impressed me.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Block is hot was ok just weird. lights out was good. Shine still top 5 Wayne tracks. 500 degrees was trash

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Who are you speaking for? Because if they're "stans", then they sure as hell fukk with those 1st three. If they bandwagon, then they think his career started with Drought 3
Peope who I talked to in real life acknowledge them, but online most of the time his first three album don't even get mentioned when people talk about Wayne's career

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
No cussin Hot Boy Wayne >>>

But I'll still say that the Dedication 1/Tha Carter/D2 was his best work to me.

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think it's a combination of things as to why the first 3 get overlooked, but I'd still say his core group of fans always rooted for him from day one. Wayne always had charisma and always had a way with words, he just didn't start to challenge for the title until The Carter, so logically it makes sense that the Carter series is more heralded if you will.

No doubt, you could feel the momentum shift as Jay retired, the South started to own the sound and the industry took notice as a whole and started to establish Southern imprints like Def Jam South, Asylum (reboot) and Bad Boy South. The SQAD series was a snowball, we saw it coming so by the time The Carter dropped, there was a collective "I told you so!!". :manny: