Why Do Most Lil Wayne Stans Ignore His First 3 Albums?

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
it only became cool to like wayne in 2008.
carter 3 for a lot of people is their first encounter/interaction with lil wayne!!
:manny:

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
Hold Up........yall said his 1st 3 albums.......i know yall referring to solo efforts.....
but be real......a nikka like me waited 5 yrs for the block is hot to drop.......
Wayne been cooking CMR features for years before he ever got a solo......
nikka been carrying CMR for very long very long time........

No way a nikka like Gillie or Spitta could have ever wrote for the boy....
he had like 50 classic verses before he ever dropped a solo....

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I still remember buying Lights Out when it dropped. shyt was a dope album.:ehh:

The real answer though, is that Wayne became a completely different Beast with the Squd Up tapes and then onto Dedication & The Carter.

It was one thing to make good rap music, but then the dude became a real spitta. Also he became real prolific with the releases.

Last edited:

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its because theyre young!!!!!!

most of his big fans really got into rap in that mid-2000s era or later.

theyre also under the impression that his little squad mixtapes that preceeded his run actually meant something.:laugh: and 500 degreez.:laff:

the hot boys were the biggest group of their time. in 2000 alone, they did like 2 or 3 sport arena tours thru every region and packed them chits.

and most wayne fans grew up on southern rap dominance in the mainstream. there aren't many elitist types listening to lil wayne breh.

500 degress came out in 2002. Carter 1 came out 2004. You saying 2 years is enough time for a whole generation gap of music to go by?
You not making sense breh. First you say Hot Boyz was the biggest group in the world in the mid-late 90s. Then you say lil Wayne fans didn't hear him until mid 2000s. You don't see the contradiction in that? What the hell happened to the fans from the 90s then?! I'm saying he KEPT those fans, but added new ones in the era where other regions were accepting to given credit to southern hiphop.

You can't discount the reality that hiphop was still semi regional at that point. Funk Flex tells a story how he DJ'd a show in North Carolina circa Carter 1 era. Wayne had that bytch rocking. He said after the show, Wayne pulled him to the side and said "do me a favor....go back to NY and tell them how big I am out here." The key prhase was "out here." If there were no biases at the time, Flex wouldn't have to "tell NY" shyt. They would've already known.

Its the same reason TI's first album didn't do shyt outside the south and his In Da Streets mixtapes stayed underground but his die hard fans will say its some of his best work. TI, Wayne, Jeezy all really blew nationally around the same coinciding with the South's run where other regions started to embrace that sound.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:laff:
Wacky D negged you for your post in the thread
Why do most Lil Wayne Stans ignore his first 3 albums

you should feel ashamed of yourself, seeing that I rarely neg people.

500 degress came out in 2002. Carter 1 came out 2004. You saying 2 years is enough time for a whole generation gap of music to go by?

actually back then, it was.

you kinda have to have been around & cognizant back then to understand.

First you say Hot Boyz was the biggest group in the world in the mid-late 90s. Then you say lil Wayne fans didn't hear him until mid 2000s. You don't see the contradiction in that? What the hell happened to the fans from the 90s then?! I'm saying he KEPT those fans, but added new ones in the era where other regions were accepting to given credit to southern hiphop.

all hot boys fans weren't necessarily wayne fans.
wayne had the smallest wave in the streets.

and I never said they were the biggest group in the mid-late '90s. get my quotes correct before you address me. the hot boys weren't even around in the mid-90s. and they didn't go national until the very end of the late '90s. I said was that they were the biggest group for their time, which was really just the '99-00 window.

You can't discount the reality that hiphop was still semi regional at that point. Funk Flex tells a story how he DJ'd a show in North Carolina circa Carter 1 era. Wayne had that bytch rocking. He said after the show, Wayne pulled him to the side and said "do me a favor....go back to NY and tell them how big I am out here." The key prhase was "out here." If there were no biases at the time, Flex wouldn't have to "tell NY" shyt. They would've already known.

Its the same reason TI's first album didn't do shyt outside the south and his In Da Streets mixtapes stayed underground but his die hard fans will say its some of his best work. TI, Wayne, Jeezy all really blew nationally around the same coinciding with the South's run where other regions started to embrace that sound.

I was moreso referring to around 2005-06. that's when wayne really took off.
and wayne was seen as a joke back then. he wasn't telling flex that to get play. he wanted respect.

and now youre digging all the way back into 2001 to the T.I. album. that's the reason why you didn't understand my post. your timelines are way off.
and for the record, regionalism is not one of the main reasons why T.I.'s first album flopped. there were a number of greater reasons as to why he failed with "I'm serious".

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
not that I do it but it's completely understandable to me that someone would be a fan of only Wayne from C1 on forward. I dont see that as a slight. he clearly took a step forward at that point