Why do Nas/Jay-Z fans act like its still 2001?

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
I don't hate jay personally I just hate the fact that Everytime I listen to nas casual rap fans be like he broke or he paying child support, why are you listening to him?

It was the last true hip hop battle that represents hip hop at its finest. Two of the best MCs at their peaks going at it. Jay just dropping his classic blue print and nas trying to find himself after the nastradamus album. nikkas thought jay killed nas but nas came back with the ether which has become part of the hip hop lexicon

It was before beef meant stupidity on WorldStarHipHop or people getting shot at on the regular. It was just about being the better rapper. And nas proved to the world that it doesn't matter about your cars, ya cash or whatever it was about ya skills. Jay thought because he was more popular or he had hot 97 in his pocket he would win easily. Nah, the ether is potent. That shyt burns slow.

Casual rap fans know Nas is paying child support?:leon::aicmon:

nikka who u foolin:why:

And Ether didnt prove skills wins it just proved vulgarity and viciousness wins

Same thing with Hit em up...Hit em up aint a skillful track actually its pretty shytty technique wise..but it was its vulgar ratchetness that made it one of the GOAT diss tracks to most ppl...

Now what proves skill and who wins is career vs career...and we know who wins there:pachaha:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because Ether is the shyt that burns the soul slow, and you Jigga Warriors could never deny the impact of Ether having the camel running around in disarray and at a lost for words.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDDbEJAEIg][AUDIO] Jay-Z Crying On Hot97 After Hearing Ether!! Nas WON - YouTube[/ame]

:
tumblr_m2qhgfZBC01rph54yo1_400.gif

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Funny how "Superugly" just gets brushed off by Nas fans...

I can acknowledge that Ether was a mean track (a bit OVERRATED in my opinion) all he did was clown Jay-Z talking like they playing the dozens...Jay was going for the jugular...

condoms in ya baby seat
me and AI got more in common than just ballin and rhyming...u know the rest
gotta hurt im ya baby momma favorite rapper

Or "...then I heard ya album about the TEC on ya dresser...you made a hot line, I made it a hot song"

Im not talking down on either dude, but Nas fans do brush that song right off...and Ether benefited from impeccable timing...song dropped at the perfect time, I cant even lie...I'm a fan of both (maybe Jay a lil more) but damn, Nas timed it perfectly, Jay didn't even see that one coming, hell, hip hop didnt see it coming.

still a good talking and debating point though, still to this day

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nas and jay fans gonna be 90 years old still beefing. they like the boomers with their culture war battles. nas fans winning though. nas came out stronger and is finishing stronger. jay had the stronger middle years. but overall nas got this.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I'm a fan of both. Own all of their albums. Nas stans are the worst tho. They make everything into a competition. I knew they were fukked up in the head when they couldn't give GKMC props. And I'm not a Kendrick stan in the least bit. But a dope album is a dope album.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
Let Nas fans tell it... Jay-Z is worse than Tyga... and they will give you actual arguments as to WHY a rapper like Tyga is better than Jay. As far as they're concerned, Jay is not even a real rapper. :bryan:

If you want to know why that beef will never die between the fans... look no further. Jay ain't even a top 100 rapper to Nas fans.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
I'm a fan of both. Own all of their albums. Nas stans are the worst tho. They make everything into a competition. I knew they were fukked up in the head when they couldn't give GKMC props. And I'm not a Kendrick stan in the least bit. But a dope album is a dope album.

Anything even threatening LIG's album of the year status that Nas fans gave it was gonna get slandered. Just how it is around here. :manny:

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They're both icons and had a legendary beef, no different than the red sox and the yankees rivalry, Lakers and Celtics, Duke and UNC. They both have over the top stans, some are even in this thread right now.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is my favorite rapper and I've always thought he was better than Jay. Having said that, Nas by far has the worst stans on the Internet.

Stans of other artists embrace their stannery. they realize their views/stances are often biased/ridiculous so they go over the top with it. But Nas stans swear they're being logical and unbiased whenever they try to rewrite history and act like his career has always been flawless or like he didn't have a period in his career when his music was trash. Nas stans swear they're just being objective and reasonable when they big up every Nas record while shytting on other artists.

and the way they attack other artists who they view as possible threats to Nas is absolutely pathetic. When Nas and Jay Elec were working together, Nas stans pretty much thought he was the second coming who was gonna change the game. yet when the whole ghostwriting accusations came about all of a sudden Jay Elec was a bum, overrated lyricist and Killah Priest ripoff. When GKMC dropped Nas stans thought it was a dope album. when it started getting more critical praise than Life is Good all of a sudden it was overrated trash

Yes, Jay stans are annoying as hell too but based on what I've seen on this website, Nas stans are the ones who initiate the majority of the beef threads between the two. While Jay stans will clown Nas for all the Ls he takes in his personal life for the most part they'll still at least acknowledge the fact that he's incredibly talented. but most Nas stans try to act like Jay is French Montana status or some shyt and refuse to give him credit for anything. plus they analyze and nitpick literally EVERY fukkin move he makes like an insecure girlfriend

Balan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Nas lost.

This statement isnt far from the truth.

Put it like this:

If Jay didnt have a better career than Nas post-ether then people wouldnt be still talking about this. However, the fact that Jay has been more successful than Nas both in terms of music and life in general, whereas Nas has been catchin Ls left and right, makes it a real valid argument that Nas lost in the end.

Today, you will see this Nas vs Jay argument still going strong because Nas stans try their best to spin or undermine Jay's success no matter how stupid the argument is, and at the same time they try spin the Ls that Nas takes into wins.

But in the end we all know that is bullsh1t

nas-lost.jpg

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would they stop when it's been a debate before they even battled? I joined SOHH in 2000, an they were arguing Jay & Nas then.About who would win in a battle, who had the better crew blah blah.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Nas lost

jay-z-grammys.jpeg

The L King looking kinda salty that a homo even got a grammy.
20130210_102758_ENT-2013GRAMMY_ocean_300.jpg

ziggy standing next to Nas' award cabinet
47644233d1256425532-nfl-atlanta-dallas-momma-dont-let-your-trophycase.jpg

"buut buut manjin bu the grammy's don't matter" oh really? a second ago yall where celebrating a false victory, rap AOTY my ass :russ: