Why do people act like Terminator Salvation was a bad movie?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I dont remember much of the original Terminator but i remember it was pretty good for its time.

Terminator 2: Judgement day - Still a great movis even by today's standards. Hands down the best Terminator IMO
Terminator 3: Rise of the machines was horrible. No other way to put it. Very good plot but the acting was shaky at best.
Terminator 4: Salvation - Yes I understand they departed from the traditional Terminator flicks on this one but sh!t was still dope. If anything it was a bit short. Feels rushed once Marcus reaches Skynet.

I'd rank them as:
  1. Judgement Day
  2. Salvation
  3. Terminator
  4. Rise of the Machines

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Here's why I say it's a bad movie and I can't speak for anyone else:

The characters aren't real characters but rather semblance of something and even though it's just a Sci Fi series, there were always fully realized characters in the terminator series.

Over reliance on CGI

Feels soulless and empty

Bale's John Connor is such an odd guy and he makes odd choices for the performance.

McG's direction is basic at best and it's just a very bland and forgettable movie

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its not exactly bad...I never got tha hate either....just not memorable

And that's how I feel about it. It's bland and forgettable which in a lot of ways it worse than being bad. The worse thing a movie or any piece of art can do is elicit no response

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:what: salvation over the OG Term?

:camby:

I don't have enough energy to explain why least of all to someone that ranks terminator as the 3rd best entry in the franchise :snoop:
Well I can only rank them from what I remember.

It was so long ago that i seen the original Terminator I dont recall how good it was. All I know is it was huge and its day.

Salvation to me was supposed to be a good introduction into the actual war as its taking place.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well I can only rank them from what I remember.

It was so long ago that i seen the original Terminator I dont recall how good it was. All I know is it was huge and its day.

Salvation to me was supposed to be a good introduction into the actual war as its taking place.

and it was bland execution that's the whole point. It was supposed to be something and ended up being a miss for the most part. There were good things about it but it just couldn't get out of its own way

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The ending was terrible. You can tell the story was supposed to focus on S. Worthington's character but after re-writes by Bale's peeps they needlessly made him the star. After T2 they should have stopped. Not every successful premise needs to be continued forever. They are diminishing the first two by putting out one terrible sequel after another. Genisys looks so bad it's laughable.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Here's why I say it's a bad movie and I can't speak for anyone else:

The characters aren't real characters but rather semblance of something and even though it's just a Sci Fi series, there were always fully realized characters in the terminator series.

Over reliance on CGI

Feels soulless and empty

Bale's John Connor is such an odd guy and he makes odd choices for the performance.

McG's direction is basic at best and it's just a very bland and forgettable movie

The bolded is all you had to say (since it's pretty much the same as calling McG's direction bland and forgettable).

Also, I'm hugely offended by your use of 'just a Sci Fi series', which implies there's such a thing as genres that don't have to hold themselves to the standards of other 'prestigious' genres.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The bolded is all you had to say (since it's pretty much the same as calling McG's direction bland and forgettable).

Also, I'm hugely offended by your use of 'just a Sci Fi series', which implies there's such a thing as genres that don't have to hold themselves to the standards of other 'prestigious' genres.

On this site, there is that's why I said it. I know and you know and most know that sci fi means you're supposed to be on point but every now and then, cats on here get it confused

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
On this site, there is that's why I said it. I know and you know and most know that sci fi means you're supposed to be on point but every now and then, cats on here get it confused

Well, those people are morons and you shouldn't be entertaining them with the notion that their moronic beliefs have a probable cause for existing.