Why do people hate TLJ so much?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
thought it was good overall but the things I hated about the film really muck the film up...the whole leia thing was one of the :snoop::why::gucci::what::comeon: scenes in the entire franchise. That shyt was horrid.Comedy felt forced at times...and the yoda cameo was too much....would have rather had luke be the one...plus a few other things

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie not only contradicts TFA it seems to be aggressively mocking the movie . TFA wasn't perfect but a lot of people at least found the characters compelling and were intrigued by the mysteries it raised. Rian Johnson did a piss poor job

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was dope.

Couple reasons why I think it’s hated on the internet as much as it is:

1. People can’t make up their own mind about shyt. I saw it Thursday night it came out and EVERYONE was laughing at the funny parts and gasping and shyt. Walking out of the theater EVERYONE was talking about how good it was. I went to TFA with friends and we all loved it in the theater. Then after a few months of the internet picking it apart now they all say it sucks.

2. It was never gonna be good enough for some people. As soon as they announced Luke, Leah and Han would be in it everybody was expecting these old ass dudes to be saving the universes again. When they used them to transition to a new story a lot of die yards had their mind already made up that it was gonna suck.

Was there a couple bad scenes? Sure. Did it get slow in the middle? Yeah. But overall it was good, and the last 45 mins were great. I enjoyed myself watching it so why would I need to go online and shyt on it? Because it’s Star Wars if it’s not an all time classic it’s automatically trash?
This kills me because I seen it happen lmao

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Because Star Wars fans are the worst fans of all time. They been bytching about the movies since Phantom Menace but here we are in 2017 4 movies later they still supporting it :hhh:

Stay Wars is overrated anyways

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
  • The entire premise of the ship running out of fuel was dumb
  • Kylo is not a good villain
  • They messed up luke skywalker
  • Finn could be so much better
  • Rose was unecessary
  • Leia floating thru space :beli:
I didnt really like TFA but this was just terrible writing

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I liked it. From the way people were talking about Luke’s portrayal ruining the character I genuinely went into the theater thinking Luke sexually abused Ben, and that turned him to the dark side. When Kylo started talking about Luke not telling the whole story about what happened in his room when he turned to the Dark Side I was fully prepared to leave the theater.

Expecting to see Luke molesting his Jedi trainees made the actual story much more digestible.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s bad because it turns into negative annoying whining.

Like, Luke is 60 yrs old, he not gonna be doing the same shyt he did in the first Star Wars trilogy. Why are ppl mad at the accurate portrayal/arc of a war weary 60 yr old man?

:what:

Because it doesn't line up with whatever ideas they had in their head before seeming the movie.

Some people really wanted a Luke Skywalker that was just like the one they saw 30+ years ago. People change over time, it'd be fukking stupid if Luke was exactly the same guy he was all those years ago.

What's funny is that in the previous canon Luke had fallen to the darkside on a few occasions.

Also the complaints about Leia "flying" in space are silly. People can buy fukking Force Ghosts, but Leia using the force to survive in space is a bridge too far? :childplease:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Everyone I know loves it, it just lame ass internet nerds that wanted their stupid little theories to be canon and Alt-right snowflakes being c*nts.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Also the complaints about Leia "flying" in space are silly. People can buy fukking Force Ghosts, but Leia using the force to survive in space is a bridge too far? :childplease:

yeah, it is. Nevermind how stupid it actually looked. She Wonder Woman now?

Force Ghosts make some sense within the franchise, given some of the religious connotations