Why Do Y’all Hate Black People Who Grew Up With Money?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What the fukk y’all lame ass nikka even discussing at this point? That fat fukk got his soft ass in the car and made a video being arrogant and trying to play victim. That’s cause he a bytch and his daddy a bytch. Insecure ass nikka just wanted some attention. What the hell is the debate about? Fat ass nikka got y’all in here dialoguing writing soliloquies over his ol look at me offensive lineman body type having ass talking out his ass for attention.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
my family wasnt rich, but as a kid, but I couldnt tell. I never went without essentials and had most of the stuff i wanted (momma wasnt paying for no J's tho)

let some of my close friends tell it, I had it made simply for having 2 parents at home, most of my friends came from broken homes, so to them I was rich. Never got any hate or jealousy either, because for one I always shared and made sure my friends was straight and ma and pa dukes always treated them like they were his kids just the same and knew their relatives . That was back when "it takes a village ..." was something black folks truly lived by. You couldnt be super spiffy around poorly dressed friends, all of this flexing shyt wasnt a thing when I was a kid, If one person didnt have it , you had it and vice versa. At least that's how we got down in out hoods.

Plus most of us didnt know any insanely, visibly rich family, at best nikkas was upper-middle class households, but most were upper-lower/lower-middle class. shyt likes this wasnt in the forefront of our minds because people were too busy living life, being outside and just being in the thick of things

there were some outliers but for the most part folks were decent to each other

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The funny part is they hate well off people, yet they claim to want to have generational wealth for their family. People are so lost.
Nobody hates well off people. Our entire society is based on the fixation of wealth and affluence and competition. People hate bougie ass people because of their personality and how they carry themselves. Everyone wants financial stability. I can want that and still hate rich people who use their position to look down on others. You guys just sound like you never got to be cool and are trying to justify it as envy instead of being a lame. I was cool with all the rich kids in high school and none of them threw their wealth around. Didn’t even know until I visited their houses. It’s called upbringing.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I got no problem with folks (especially black folks) who come from money…nothing wrong with that…

But that nikka in the video a p*ssy azz nigguh tho…he’d be unlikeable if he was Asian, Indian, Spanish or white…

No need to belittle or condescend to those who don’t have what you have tho, that’s just being a bad human, regardless of race. But people ALWAYS want someone to look down on. That’s what’s the problem with breh in the video.

I got a homie who parents got it like that but he mad humble and low key…it’s how you was raised that makes the difference

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
@ab.aspectus

Didn't want to sully/distract from the main thread, so will write this here.

I respect that people weighed in on this video and topic with their honest opinions, but the reactions are along the lines of why film and tv producers think they have to alter Black themed projects for mass Black audiences.

And why the Black exec felt comfortable asking LOG "why would a Black person chose the college that you did?" at a business meeting with white execs.

And why the OKOP show creators wrote up YaYa Dacosta's character background how they did.

For mass audience ratings, show has to reflect mass audience sensibilities.

I hope the upcoming project by Ms. Jefferson is on a niche channel that attracts viewers who want to see that type of content. Similar to how there are arthouse movie theaters. If it's on any type of widely distributed platform, the number crunchers on the project will suggest compromises to the story. And they will be justified.

What project? Give me a link. What the hell is a Yaya decosta? If it ain't about tech or medical supplies I'm not in tune.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What project? Give me a link. What the hell is a Yaya decosta? If it ain't about tech or medical supplies I'm not in tune.
Use the board search function and look up "Lawrence Otis Graham".

or read the thread about him after he passed away