Why Do Y’all Hate Black People Who Grew Up With Money?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Didn't watch.

full

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It all boils down to media propaganda and the fact that we don't control our own image.

The main image of blacks are the poverty stricken, get it out the mud types. That's the main image of ourselves that we see and it's backed by a scorching hot soundtrack so it's easier to digest and even made to seem "cool". It's so effective that we got black folk from good homes and environments pretending to be "street" and "gangsta" in order to fit in and appear to be more "black".

"Well to do" blacks are often linked with being whitewashed, corny, lame, etc. Hell, being educated and well spoken as a black person can get you ridiculed by other black people.

I could go on and on but bottomline.....we are screwed as a collective. :francis:

invalid

Banned
Daps
All the braggadocious shyt can go though.

We allow black men who’ve made it atop the entertainment industry to be braggadocio. Why not other black men that have been successful in other industries?

Black men, irrespective of background, are braggadocio by nature.

If a breh wants to talk his shyt, let him talk his shyt.

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t grow up “hungry” broke just a “few bad Christmas’ broke. Dude is the perfect example why ppl hate niccas like him. That condescending attitude get u a black eye quick asf.
Be extra thankful when u privileged. I wanna rob this nicca on his live put a knot in his waves lol

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We allow black men who’ve made it atop the entertainment industry to be braggadocio. Why not other black men that have been successful in other industries?

Black men, irrespective of background, are braggadocio by nature.

If a breh wants to talk his shyt, let him talk his shyt.
Honestly i can respect a dude who got started from nothing bragging. This is 90% of our entertainers.

I just cant mess with a dude like the one in the OP bragging, because it isnt his personal effort. Its the various systems and positions they were born into that got them there. I get the same feeling from him, that i get when Trmp says "i got a small multi-million dollar loan from my father" completely oblivious to how this undermines his claims on work ethic.

Its worth noting that a black doc, engineer, IT dude, or scientist gets the same cosign to brag as our rappers/actors/scammers if they started from nothing, like most black people do. Their pride is warranted

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
It’s a thin line between being what OP is talking about and being a house negro.

Y’all make a good point: it seems like the only group that cannot brag about anything is Privileged/Wealthy Black People that aren’t entertainers. They have to throw in a little spice to their story or minimize their accomplishments.

EDIT: Read the IG comments… now it’s his delivery that’s off-putting. We listen to and support rappers that have for DECADES in the most blunt and disrespectful ways possible brag about their wealth, status, and ability to fukk our chick. Even describe ways on how they’d murder us…… Mannnnnnn :childplease:

Last edited: