Why does Barack Obama scold black boys?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Whats better continuously putting time and energy into scolding cacs?while refusing to leave white supremacy or react violently as we have been provoked?
Or scolding black people trying to hold each other accountable.
If Obama was being harsher I would be more critical,because he is definitely one sided in his criticisms.
But his scolding is nice,and that of somebody who is simply out of touch its harmless.
He is doing it among black people,its like your grandma checking you about shyt you not even doing anymore or never was doing.
"If you wasn't out here sagging your pants,maybe you could have made it to work on time:irv88:"

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
“If you are really confident about your financial situation,” Mr. Obama told the crowd, “you are probably not going to be wearing a eight-pound chain around your neck.”

“Because you know,” he continued, “‘Oh, I got a bank account.’ I don’t have to show you how much I got. I feel good.”

this sentiment gets said by people all the time tho

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The problem is that Obama hasn't experienced the complexities of growing up Black in America. As much work he has in the community he was never of the community. Furthermore I wouldn't have so much issue with what he says of he kept that same energy towards the conditions that put us at the bottom of the totem pole.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Did you read the article? Her whole premise is to say Obama should stop talking down to black boys.

Is it talking down to? Or is speaking matter of fact? So we can teach our children to stand up for themselves if someone puts their hands on them, but we can't speak to them too harshly about self improvement and maturity for fear of hurting their feelings and irreparably damaging their self esteem? "Fukk that nikka up if he puts his hands on you!" is acceptable child rearing, but don't tell him to pull his pants up as that will have a detrimental affect on his future? That's ridiculous. I don't want to hear about how it contributes to a narrative of troublesome Black boys created by the dominant white society either. I'll tell you why. So we don't want to be straight up with our Black boys because it supposedly mimics white society, but at the same time we want our boys to be successful within this same society? That's contradictory. Here's the thing, some of these pundits and so called experts like the genius who wrote the article in the OP get tunnel vision on the issues. They fail to see that what we're up against is multi-faceted and needs addressed from a variety of angles. White Supremacy has over a half a century foundation and as such will not be toppled overnight. Reparations, economic inequality, true justice reform, etc., while warranting discussion and progress, are not things that are going to happen overnight. That said why can we not also address issues that are within our immediate means to tackle and see results sooner than we will with the other issues I mentioned?

Something else too, it would be irresponsible for any Black male mentor with any sense of awareness, responsibility, and urgency to soften his verbiage on issues affecting Black boys considering what they're up against. It doesn't surprise me that the writer of this piece is a woman. I fully and completely expect that kind of soft touch approach from a woman and mama boys and men lacking fathers and male figures in general. There's a reason why we call it "pu$$y footing" around, which is how she wants grown Black men to address young Black boys. Half the problem with young Black men is the lack of mature father figure. So here comes some mature Black men stepping up to the plate to fill a void and of course she takes issue with it. But again it's not surprising. Personal responsibility and accountability is foreign to a lot of these women both Black and white. Which is why so many young men today both Black and white teeter totter. It's why a Jordan Peterson can come along and make a fortune off a talking point as mundane as clean up your room. That's the society we're living in.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I lost respect for obama the day he went to Flint to literally cape for the piece of shyt gov Rick Snyder, who was responsible for the flint water crisis and looked those poor black folks in the eye and told them the water crisis is over and the water is now safe to drink.

That was one of the most dispicable, coward move I have ever seen.

But then again I shouldn't be surprised given He's the same man that made Joe bidden his vice president (don't let the smile fool you, google his voting record as senator and the role he played in getting the c00n, clarence thomas confirmed to the SC)

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
This is the writer
LesTalusan_AdvancementProject_171121_002-1644x0-c-default.jpg

what that body look like

:feedme:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I lost respect for obama the day he went to Flint to literally cape for the piece of shyt gov Rick Snyder, who was responsible for the flint water crisis and looked those poor black folks in the eye and told them the water crisis is over and the water is now safe to drink.

That was one of the most dispicable, coward move I have ever seen.

But then again I shouldn't be surprised given He's the same man that made Joe bidden his vice president (don't let the smile fool you, google his voting record as senator and the role he played in getting the c00n, clarence thomas confirmed to the SC)
Bruh I ain’t even know about that

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
What does scolded even mean. What does "shaming" mean in this context? At what point do we talk about personal responsibility and what we as a community can do...which, yes, includes making good financial decisions (not buying jewelry/Jordans/etc if you can't afford them)? This isn't a Bill Cosby moment, where someone is being disrespectful and downright antagonistic towards blacks while criticizing them.
The article made it a point to post stats and to counter the "black ppl need to do" rheoric that's been spewed for hundreds of years. The article made a good point, that the irony about a program like My Brothers Keeper, is that it was started in the aftermath of Trayvon, and they basically tell black boys what they need to do, instead of adressing the zimmermans and white society about what they shouldn't do to Black boys. Personal accountability isn't lost on black ppl, it's lost on everyone else. Especially considering the pushback on issues such as reparations. Which is basically America's historic accountability problem regarding slavery..

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Everything about black boys/men needs chiding
Everything about black girls/women is magical
nikka is a shea butter feminist
What's annoying about Barry is the real root of issues in the black community is never addressed, just silly superficial shyt