Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Disclaimer: I'm not saying the games are equal. I'm not shytting on uncharted I'm just talking about the general concept of both games.

The uncharted series is all about spectacle, basically the experience of playing through a big budget Summer blockbuster action movie. And it was praised for this, the graphics and production of the game elevated it to be one of the best this gen.

Ryse is basically the same concept, but instead of a summer blockbuster it goes for a ancient warrior type of movie. There's no question that the graphics/production of this game is far beyond any game before it.

Some of the same criticisms can be aimed at both. Repetitive gameplay, the game is limited to small halways and arenas, not much explorations/puzzles. Limited weapon choices and combat options,ect

Why does Ryse not get at least some of the love that uncharted gets?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the games are equal. I'm not shytting on uncharted I'm just talking about the general concept of both games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because stans
You of all nikkas need to stay out this thread breh, don't come in here with some xbox logic nikka :camby: If anyone can provide input for Uncharted, I can seeing that I platinumed 2 and beat it several times over and played it for hundreds of hours. I am the likely candidate to speak on Uncharted in this forum.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
well part of it is probably that people are tired of playing those types of games. any successful 'formula' can get played out

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
well part of it is probably that people are tired of playing those types of games. any successful 'formula' can get played out
I guess you have a point, but at the same time uncharted 4 is still one of the most anticipated games coming out.

I'm interested to see if reviewers will be as hard on it as they are on Ryse.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've yet to play Ryse but I also don't play Uncharted for the gameplay. To me Uncharted's gameplay is serviceable but i'm around for the Hollywood blockbuster in video game from experience. Uncharted also has a memorable cast of characters. From what I've heard of Ryse the main character is pretty blah.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I guess you have a point, but at the same time uncharted 4 is still one of the most anticipated games coming out.

I'm interested to see if reviewers will be as hard on it as they are on Ryse.

well it could deliver more than just an 'action blockbuster', but that remains to be seen