Why does the IWC have a love affair with heels....

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
From the time I started following wrestling via the net, I've noticed that the IWC LOVES heels and despises or just merely tolerates faces. Even popular wrestlers like Stone Cold, the Rock, Angle, etc. were all more universally loved as heels. I remember during one of Eddie's big face runs, the IWC kept saying Eddie needed to go full "rudo dikk heel" despite the fact that there was nothing wrong with his face character and he was VERY OVER. Same for Benoit; "he just needs to snap and turn heel and crossface everyone." Why? He was champion at that time and VERY OVER. Why turn him just to fulfill your nerd fantasies?

No one except a select few were riding for D Bry before his heel turn then all of a sudden people are basically worshiping the guy? And let's keep it 127%, D Bry is a generic heel when you take away the YES shyt. Hell, most WWE heels are generic as fukk but the IWC is still in love with them anyway. On the opposite end of the spectrum is CM Punk; loved as a heel, wildly criticized as a face. You can say, "Well, his promos aren't as good and the booking is bad."

:rudy:

Come on; Punk had long winded, boring promos in SES that always revolved around the same cheap heat. He was booked as a loser then and also in New Nexus as well. Remember his first feud with Cena after his stint as an announcer? Nothing special. But people look at his heel work as if it was on some Hollywood Hogan shyt.

But that's just the IWC; like a ghetto black chick they love them some "bad boys."

:manny:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
The IWC didn't fukk with Miz during his heel run.

EDIT: Or any run for that matter.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people should stay heel (like HHH, Jericho,). Some people like (Bryan) needed a heel turn and it worked for them. If Rocky Maivia never got that heel turn, who knows where he would've ended up. A better question is why do so many people hate faces? Is there any face in the WWE now that the IWC universally likes? :laugh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Heels are way more interesting, less corny, edgier and show more facets than faces.

It's really hard finding true likable faces in today's wrestling. El Generico is the only one that comes to mind, he gets loved (and rightfully so) by even the most hardcore smarks crowds doing one of the corniest gimmicks ever.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
this is why

cena2.jpg

you think we wanna get behind a coprate kiss ass or anything similar?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
If we're talking about the E, they rarely give faces the chance to show their personality/character, so most see right through the cookie cutter bs. Some are simply better as heels. Others like D Bry never got the proper shine as a face so now that he's blowing up he's getting love.

Can't think of many guys who were better as a face than a heel.

Fellatio

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most have a little understanding of psychology

They have em do run ins and smile

You must gain knowledge and know how to apply it, secret to anything in life

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Because the IWC is mostly adults (I believe) and what caters to them (us) differs than to what may cater to a child/woman.

We're just able to see things more intelligently, that's all :smugfavre:

All jokes aside, they're mostly bland and they're corny. It also doesn't help that the majority of heels want to be cool and not sell correctly in promos...thanks, kliq :hmm:

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All jokes aside, they're mostly bland and they're corny. It also doesn't help that the majority of heels want to be cool and not sell correctly in promos...thanks, kliq :hmm:

one thing I really like about Rob Roode's current character...

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Shiit pretty much came from the NWO....since the IWC as we know it today pretty much started in the late 90s, with few exceptions the heels have always been looked at as edgier and "cool"...

Hell for me it started when the NWO beat up everybody backstage on Nitro (the one where they lawndarted Mysterio)....when I was a lil kid back then that shyt had me buggin out...