why does will smith get an eternal pass when he has no rap cred?

Discussion in 'The Booth' started by Walt, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Walt

Walt Superstar Hall of Fame

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $2749020.00

Pretty much. And don't get me wrong, I respect the winning.

:myman::lawd:

2. Walt

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $2749020.00

Yeah, I ain't got shyt against Will Smith personally, just saw a few weird ass posts acting like dude is some infallible rap god.

And don't take anything I post personally, I just curse a lot. Will Smith probably don't gotta curse in his posts to go platinum, but I do - so fukk him, and fukk you too.

:stylin: <==== *gets jiggy wit it*

3. StillNotSoft

StillNotSoft We Global Status Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $366037.00

How can u be mad at us when its guys like you that cause Will Smiths music to be hyped up to levels these nikkas theyself don't even believe half the time.....I don't think I've ever seen an appreciation thread for Hammer,Ja Rule or Will Smith as emcees....Hammer and Ja are bought up as examples of why nikkas "back in the day" wuznt as bad as the bullshyt we hear now....and Will gets bought up once every summer for a Summertime appreciation thread.

Its when guys like u feel the need to go out of they way to absolutley shyt on a nikkas music absolutley nobody wuz talking about,or cares about or takes seriously.....u force nikkas to come out and comment on sum shyt they would never bring up on they own and play devils advocate.....this nikka Will,Hammer,Ja had sum good songs and classic songs....when u come out and shyt on them and talk about how wack and corny and no good they are nikkas gon say "hey I liked sum of that nikkas shyt" and most likely overhype to prove a point....u caused nikkas to overhype Will Smith by acting like he wuznt alright for what he wuz...just a nikka who made a few good songs music wise and kept it real with himself...plus we grew up on Fresh Prince show a ounce of respect:damn:

Far as the Eminem shyt when people sy he's better they probaly feel like me as to where if I had to choose btween never hearing a Eminem song again or never hearing a Will Smith song again we gon choose to hear Will off the strength of Summertime and the Fresh Prince theme song:russ:...that's how much sum nikkas don't give a shyt about Eminem musically.....on the otherhand u do have people who respect him as an emcee and even I do....that's why he will get more hate than Will for making songs like "Fack" and that stupid azz song with Akon he had.:snoop:

Your mad we don't judge Will Smith under harsh standards?the worst disrespect you can give to an emcee is to not judge them under harsh standards...when u make a sellout song and people say "its just music",or u use ghostwriters and nikkas say "who cares?"....its absolutley a sign of disrespect that we don't give a shyt about your music or take you seriously....I would never make a thread saluting Soulja Boys skills as a mc but if u make a thread about how horrible he is ima have to ask "what about gucci bandana and xan with the lean:mjpls:"...then if u ask me what about his constant biting ima tell you "its just music who cares:manny:" bcuz I have no respect for his artistry or legacy in the first place....keep that in mind

End of the day he's a great ambassador,still loves hiphop and will pop up at nas shows randomly actin a fool:laff:...and he wuz a great tv character....that's our ambassador that's our Will,let that boy cook

Youngdev dapped this.
  4. FrederickDouglas

FrederickDouglas All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Will Smith > Your favorite rapper.

Point blank period.

From DJ Jazzy Jeff days to Lost and Found, it's classic hip-hop.

5. The Real

The Real Anti-Ignorance Hall of Fame

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

It was never confirmed that Rakim wrote Summertime, and the evidence for it is slim. Tons of MCs were inspired by/biting Ra's style/flow at the time.

6. LittleLordBboy

LittleLordBboy Madlib Adlib

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Just as it was just getting good
    Coli Cash:
    $345881.00

Maybe at a lot of things but definitely not rapping. Check the threads dedicated to the tunnel, redman, the new nas album, the new NY rappers, the dope hip hop that would end up on page 5 of :hamster: and a bunch of other threads for proof otherwise.
    And don't use the fact he didn't curse to cover up that a lot of his music wasn't all that :comeon:

7. Art Barr

Art Barr INVADING SOHH CHAMPION

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    CHICAGO
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

"art barr.one!" = :krs:

8. Art Barr

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    CHICAGO
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

lol,..at you giving grammy's props.

nikka, puh-lease!!

you also, know u2 won over stevie wonder.

i like u2 and i adore joshua tree but over stevie,...nikka puh-lease!!

you dudes dwell in fake revision found in fourth grade history books.

if you were not cognitive, from that era.

you have no idea of the culture or the complextion of the times.

art barr

9. Walt

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $2749020.00

You make a lot of :merchant: status posts, huh?

Oh. Compelling.

A production team that included M.C. Juice wrote summertime. And even in Will Smith wrote Summertime, Planet Rock, and Memory Lane, the fact that he has made an abundance of contrived, shytty, family friendly rap singles is indisputable, as is the fact that he has used ghostwriters throughout his career. Is this really a fukking debate in your mind?

10. Art Barr

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    CHICAGO
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Very Few Rappers Can Say They Have A Song As Timeless As Will Smiths "Summertime" - Page 3 - ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum

11. Omerta

Omerta All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    OZ via El Barrio
    Coli Cash:
    $345564.00

It is true his music seems very outdated now, but it was good when he was good, in the late 80's.

Since then, he's an actor. When I think Will Smith, I think actor. Great movies, great roles, and pure entertainment.

And he never ever pretended to be something he wasn't. He was always "Mr.Nice Guy"....he had more street cred than someone like Drake, and he never went the route of trying to act tough or be something he wasn't. Unlike Drake. So it's ironic you're making this thread in 2012 when Drake is amongst the elite rappers.

12. The Real

The Real Anti-Ignorance Hall of Fame

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

What debate is this exactly? I don't dispute anything you've said above, but I also don't see how that leads to the point that Will has no rap cred.

13. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir Fried Okra

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

And Jada probably bagged better bytches :mjpls:

Unless you're counting Tom Cruise :sadcam:

14. DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $356419.00

[​IMG]

:troll:

15. Free White & 21

Free White & 21 AAGang

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Oakland
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00