Why don't action stars today like The Rock and Jason Statham......

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
1. Action movies don't have the same quality
2. Action movies aren't as big as they were back then. This overall society has far less testosterone itself:dame:
Gone are the days of big meaty men bumping chests and slapping meat:dame:

I mean you ain't wrong about less testosterone but I'm :dame: about @Another Man talking about slapping meat
Alright I didn't read whole thread, I gave up here. I ain't bout that life. :hubie:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Oh calm down. No need to get all PMSy. Was just fukking with you.
Leave me alone
AngelicMadBlackbear-size_restricted.gif

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because back in the day rated R movies were marketed towards kids. The Rock and Jason Statham have to be more family friendly in order to reach that same audience. You've never really seen either one of them do so really brutal badass shyt. They just swagger like they do. It's like comparing power rangers violence to john wick violence
Arnold would tear a dudes spine out and quip a one liner while covered in blood. The rock and them are more about stunts. Because of this the Aura felt different.
I almost feel weird hearing the Rock use actual F bombs. seems unnatural. I mention John WIck because thats the type of aura we got from Arnold and Sly back in the day.

Robocop had toys. I know because I had one.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
Those 80's action movies were full of bullshyt storylines and explosions. People want depth now.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I always felt the sequel was a bit weird and creepy. Them shooting Nuke in their necks, killing kids, and then making Cain a psycho Robocop jacking his brain into that gundam metal suit. I will say I wanted them to make a toy out of that little suitcase machine gun Hob always carried. He was bussin
img.gif
Sequel was awesome