Why Griselda is so different!

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They are different only because they are blowing (moderately) with a sound that is different from what you hear today. It's a breath of fresh air that you don't have to look too hard for. The irony is that they're doing it with a sound that's 25 years old, but I give credit for not sounding stale.

Street dudes turned rappers rhyming about the streets is nothing new. But they are also good at it.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
They are different only because they are blowing (moderately) with a sound that is different from what you hear today. It's a breath of fresh air that you don't have to look too hard for. The irony is that they're doing it with a sound that's 25 years old, but I give credit for not sounding stale.

Street dudes turned rappers rhyming about the streets is nothing new. But they are also good at it.

This is a big part of my point that most in here missed.

• Mad cats have sold weight and rhyme(d) about it
  • Some of them have gone to jail
  • Very few have been shot multiple times (including their head) and still live to rap about it- 50
  • Damn near no one has dome this AND started catching steam in their 30's. This changes how your rhyme and because your perspective of life is different at 32 vs 22

Now who has done all four AND had the rap ability and growing popularity as say, Conway?

Raekwon and Styles P fits many of the criteria above, so does G Rap, but name a person that has ALL of the above?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is a big part of my point that most in here missed.

Mad cats have sold weight and rhyme(d) about it
Some of them have gone to jail
Very few have been shot multiple times (including their head) and still live to rap about it- 50
- Like no one has dome this AND started catching steam in their 30's. This changes how your rhyme and because your perspective of life is different at 32 vs 22

Now whi has done all four AND had the rap ability and growing popularity as say, Conway?

Raekwon and Styles P fits many of the criteria above, so does G Rap, but name a person that has ALL of the above?
Ghostface
Cormega
Old Dirty b*stard
Beanie Sigel

I don't think Styles, G Rap or Raekwon have ever been shot. Dumb criteria anyway, shouldn't you lose points for being incarcerated/shot? Everyone tries to avoid those two things.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Ghostface
Cormega
Old Dirty b*stard
Beanie Sigel

I don't think Styles, G Rap or Raekwon have ever been shot. Dumb criteria anyway, shouldn't you lose points for being incarcerated/shot? Everyone tries to avoid those two things.

Ok, all moral police, not once that I said these are positive criteria or even that I'm glorifying their lifestyle. I simply said, what makes them different and why people FEEL their music.

And learn how to read please.
Ghostface was on his first album at 23 yrs old
Beanie Sigel 25,

Similar ages for Cormega.and.Ol.D b and I don't believe ANY of them were literally shot in the head or face.

So my point remains, this is what makes them DIFFERENT

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ok, all moral police, not once that I said these are positive criteria, I simply said, what makes them different and why people FEEL their music.

And learn how to read please.
Ghostface was on his first album at 23 yrs old
Beanie Sigel 25,

Similar ages for Cormega.and.Ol.D b and I don't believe ANY of them were literally shot in the head or face.

So my point remains, this is what makes them DIFFERENT
I said it was dumb not positive or negative.
They were all MCing and putting out albums well into their 30s. Getting shot isn't enough now it has to be in the head or face? lol OK. They can have that I guess. They are DIFFERENT because one of them almost got their head blown off?! Wow, good for them. lol

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The point of these guys doing music isnt just for the love of music but to get out of the lifestyles they were living before. If you really care about an artists street cred then you pretty much dont get it.