Why has Mississippi barely produced any major rappers?

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
All my SC peeps gotta say is...Dizzy Gillespie and James Brown

But seriously...it's hella talent in the state...our only problem is supporting each other. The only area that was really taking rap serious was the Chuck for a while but that's changed like a mf now. SC is like a potential storm waiting for that one last condition to make it official.

I honestly think SK {Speaker Knockerz} passing hurt more than Lil Ru wasting that deal with Def Jam. He was popping and you can hear his influence all in A Boogie with a Hoodie style (IMHO). I was in Texas hearing his music...just like I was hearing Lil Ru music in VA. Then we got Nick Grant bubbling right now and just released a new track with Yo Gotti.

On the grimy side... Check out

Deezy McDuffie - Yay Long and News 19

Renni Rucci - Lil Baby Freestyle

Mi5ta - Big Mob

YPC Nae - Ain't gotta lie

Blacc Zac - 100 Bandz remix ft Young Dolph

and that's just Columbia...and not even close to all of them...just the ones making the most noise right now.

All you said is facts. I was on Speaker knockerz I lil late... But on the list I've only heard of Black zacc. Benjamin Starr is probably my favorite rapper ever from SC

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All you said is facts. I was on Speaker knockerz I lil late... But on the list I've only heard of Black zacc. Benjamin Starr is probably my favorite rapper ever from SC

His death was sad bro he would've been the next legit star. I fukked with him heavy. Every new rapper sounds exactly like him.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of atlanta n poppin part of mia the south is kinda boring. Nobody wanna hear raps about chillin in barns posting up on dirt roads n washing up in the river. Imagine shooting a video out there...Nobody getting fresh jus mechanic swag.:scusthov:
spoken like somebody who has never left from nyc.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I won't tolerate the Sip slander. I got fam out there. With that said even if Missippi doesn't have a huge scene it really is the roots of Black music. Also Sip has some of the best BBQ I have eaten.

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
I won't tolerate the Sip slander. I got fam out there. With that said even if Missippi doesn't have a huge scene it really is the roots of Black music. Also Sip has some of the best BBQ I have eaten.

dope. y they barely produce any major rappers tho? anybody can pop now with the internet.even canadian artist got they own scene.

y not "the sip"?

whats they excuse?