Why hasn't Ikea tried breaking into the public school food sector?

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
:jbhmm:
They have a variety of healthy choices available at their stores for roughly 5 dollars a meal while the chicken sandwich available at school is bland, soggy and prolly isn't even real chicken.

Thoughts?

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm:
They have a variety of healthy choices available at their stores for roughly 5 dollars a meal while the chicken sandwich available at school is bland, soggy and prolly isn't even real chicken.

Thoughts?

Do you how much it cost to fund school lunches? I'm not talking the price that the students pay either.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Do you how much it cost to fund school lunches? I'm not talking the price that the students pay either.
According to School Meal Trends & Stats

School meal programs are reimbursed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for each meal they serve. Alaska and Hawaii receive higher rates.

To help recoup any costs incurred such as unpaid school lunch debt, the school's could charge the teachers/parents visiting for lunch at a price more in line with what they would pay at Ikea.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Sodexo got that market on lock

This...and they especially aren't going to let a foreign company come in and get some market share...especially when they would provide a better product.

I never ate school lunch...like ever....I always brought my shyt...no way I was eating that bull...

(outside of nacho day...that was lit)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Sodexo got that market on lock
Didn't know the name of the company with the monopoly but they have schools and prisons on lock(pun)
I watched episode of lockup and they showed the prisoners eating.....the trays, small milks, sporks...same as school kids. Has to be same company supplying them.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Didn't know the name of the company with the monopoly but they have schools and prisons on lock(pun)
I watched episode of lockup and they showed the prisoners eating.....the trays, small milks, sporks...same as school kids. Has to be same company supplying them.
And, if you haven't noticed this either, charter schools, and schools in general, ways of discipline and handling our children has began to mirror the prison industry. School to prison pipeline.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
When I was a kid all meals were prepared in the school kitchen (I'm 28)

Having surveyed a couple of schools most of them don't even have a microwave anymore everything is brought in elsewhere and they just heat it up.

shyt is sad

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
And, if you haven't noticed this either, charter schools, and schools in general, ways of discipline and handling our children has began to mirror the prison industry. School to prison pipeline.

Well, I have a different take on that...but I definitely see your point about schools and discipline. The videos of kids being handcuffed in school are always disturbing.
I'm a very law and order guy, which reflects my father, and I think unruly kids should be barred from classroom so that the others can learn BUT...... beating kids and handcuffing is exactly what you described....corrections officers tactics.....for grade school kids. shyt that they wouldn't do on white kids in suburbans schools EVER.....even if they brought loaded weapons to class.