WHY HIPHOP SHOULD BE EXCITED !? THE RETURN OF "KURTIS MANTRONIk" THE KING OF THE BEATS

TheEmpress

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Return Of The King Of The Beats"Kurtis Mantronik" New Music October 8th, 2023 : Mantronix new track : Money Talks by Mantronix featuring Bruse Wane . Available on all platforms Sunday 8th October 2023 ✨ Instagram @MantronixOfficial Facebook @MantronixOfficial to new YouTube channel @mantronixofficial for new music & more. / @mantronixofficial Enquiries contact Jojo Mavrakis .

WHY HIP HOP SHOULD BE EXCITED ABOUT THE RETURN OF 'MANTRONIK" THE KING OF THE BEATS

By Unspoken Truth

As we continue to celebrate Hip Hop 50, one of Hip Hop's unsung producer pioneers is on the verge of a come back; and yes you should care and be paying very close attention. Many original hip hop heads are aware of who Kurtis Mantronik is, and his incredible impact on the genre of early Hip-Hop in the golden era of Hip Hop the 1980's. His history is extensive so I will try and condense this article but not the epic legacy and contributions of the man. Not to be confused Mantronik is the man, and Mantronix's is the name of the New York based Hip-Hop group. He was the leader, DJ, and keyboardist of the influential 1980s hip hop and electro-funk group Mantronix.

Mantronik was influential in the development of east coast hip hop music: and notably, he laid the foundations for Southern hip hop genres such as Miami bass and trap music,[and helped popularize the Amen break. In 1984 Mantronix signed to the legendary and now defunct label sleeping bag records. Mantronix's debut single, "Fresh Is The Word", was a club hit in 1985, reaching No. 16 on Billboard magazine's Hot Dance Singles Sales chart, and was featured on The Album, which was released the same year. Mantronik's efforts on The Album and his impact on early hip-hop and electronic music was immense. From 1984 to 1986, during the same period Mantronix as a group was signed to Sleeping Bag Records,

Mantronik was also individually employed by the label in its A&R Department, where he signed hip-hop group EPMD to its first recording contract with sister label Fresh Records. In addition to being an A&R representative for the label, Mantronik also produced recordings for other Sleeping Bag and Fresh Records associated artists and groups, including emcees KRS-One, Just-Ice, and T La Rock; Full Story at This LINK

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
He was decades ahead of his time.

The Just Ice record I was gonna post is already in the thread.
definitely, today people are doing his hi hats. plus I still never heard joints like the stuff he did with joyce sims. to this day

won't say I'm excited but I do want to hear this

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I still do his unapologetically artificial horns. you won't hear it if you're not listening for it tho