Why is it acceptable for NBA fans to root for different teams every few years?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Obviously, not acceptable on the forums, but in real life.

nikkas don't have a problem with they homie or somebody switching teams every 4 years, but let it be football nikkas would be on his dead. Plus in football nikkas root for the same team no matter how garbage they get or who gets traded or leaves.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The Bulls aren't looking too hot & haven't been looking that good beyond the regular season in the last few years. So I go with whoever is doing good. Does that make me a bandwagon person? Prolly so, but the Bulls aren't doing much. And we lost Benny the Bull :mjcry:

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Because it's much harder for NBA teams to rebuild than NFL teams and the parity is out of whack

In football a Giants fan and a Eagles fans can banter with each other every year

Could you imagine how boring it would be for 2 people who root for the Knicks and the Sixers to try and talk trash to each other?

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Knicks and Spurs.

Knicks because I'm a New Yorker.
Spurs because I been a fan since the David Robinson, Vinny Del Negro, Sean Elliott days.

I can get rooting for a team once yours is eliminated. But not taking on a new team just because they're hot.
full

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nah, I know of bandwagon fans of NFL teams in NY, growing up I never seen a Jets/Giants fan around my age but saw a lot of Pat fans though :sas2:

If you're an elite team in the NFL with flashy offensive players, you're gonna have bandwagon fans :yeshrug: I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers was most kids favorite teams these days due to Cam Newton.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Knicks and Spurs.

Knicks because I'm a New Yorker.
Spurs because I been a fan since the David Robinson, Vinny Del Negro, Sean Elliott days.

I can get rooting for a team once yours is eliminated. But not taking on a new team just because they're hot.

You're unfaithful. Cant have a side bytch.

Once you're in with one you're in with only one. Not outs in this game.

:yeshrug: