why is jcole making a big deal out of the warm ups 5-year anniversary

scuba

All Star
Daps
FNL is not a classic

and FNL is the main reason his album was a weed plate

you dont get credit for a good mixtape if you put all your albums material on it

The reason why mixtapes are better than albums is because the artist have the control and are trying to appeal to their core fans.

Albums are calculated to try to be as broadly appealing as possible by following reliable marketing approach and product design.

Its really not that they album and mix tape are competing for the same songs... The mix tape songs would a just never been released... Or just sent to the DJs

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Got damn there are some polarizing comments in this thread.

I done seen everything from "greatest mixtape of all time" to "why is this bad rapper even celebrated?"

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reason why mixtapes are better than albums is because the artist have the control and are trying to appeal to their core fans.

Albums are calculated to try to be as broadly appealing as possible by following reliable marketing approach and product design.

Its really not that they album and mix tape are competing for the same songs... The mix tape songs would a just never been released... Or just sent to the DJs
I don't necessarily disagree but Cole has said many times that he was forced to put his album material on fnl, that's why Cole world was so garbage

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
Because this tape was the best thing that come out that year and its a top 3 mixtape of all time

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
cause its his best project and it has the song that got him signed to hov, which is a subject that he will somehow find a way to mine for his third ambien pill