Gonna dust off my jump rope tmrw and do that shyt

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Because people suck at it

This is really it. Once I got good at it I loved it. All you need is 20-25 mins for a great session. Skip for like a min, rest for 15 secs and keep going. Get a nice playlist and then you’re golden.

Main thing is to get a rope with enough weight and size it to your height.

Bend the knees slightly and skip on the balls of your feet and it takes the impact off your knees.

Nahmeanz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I jump rope for an hour every other day and doing calisthenics the other days. I just put on a playlist and rest if I have to for 15 seconds between songs. I’ve lost 25 lbs in about 3 months.

I got a Crossrope Get Lean set, it’s expensive but worth the investment for how much I use it. Also looking into getting their Bolt set for double unders.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is literally the best cardio. You can burn 1000 calories jumping rope for an hour and it's more fun than running, cycling or rowing. It had a learning curve of you arent use to it but it's worth it.
How did you come to the conclusion that it’s more fun than any of those other exercises?? Something about starting cardio in one spot and ending in that exact same spot bothers the fukk out of me lol. I’ll take playing a sport, or running outside or swimming or biking/hiking over it every time.

Unolove

All Star
Daps
Yeah 3 minutes x 2 before it’s time to hit bags then spar is a good workout

Daps
Great for circuit training. a min or two jump rope, 50 push ups, 1 minute Plank, or random core exercise. repeat x 5. Play with the numbers if too easy or too hard.