Why is Karl Anthony Towns let off the hook?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, he’s not playing terrible, decent enough averaging 18/9/3 on 51/80/47 shooting splits.

He shooting the ball well and not shytting the bed but the players really stepping up and making an impact for them (outside of Ant) is Jaden McDaniels.

Rudy has been getting KILLED by the media and former players on podcasts all week and Ant is only 22 and will take his share of the blame if they lose but I don’t ever see anyone mentioning KAT during all this. He was their former #1 pick, his numbers look like they’ve regressed and ANT is now their clear cut #1 option and superstar. Hell you could probably ship KAT out for a few pieces to upgrade the roster and they wouldn’t miss him.

KAT 7’0, 260 - why can’t he match up against Jokic and take the assignment? He not a young player in the league anymore, nikka almost 30. He just seem like an afterthought when you speaking about the Timberwolves. Doesn’t seem like there’s pressure for him to get better or be better. Rarely hear him mentioned on the board or by any former players/media. If they lose Sunday and he don’t have a minimum of 20/10, I’m blaming him :francis:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
People have lowered their expectations of him already.

As where Gobert just won his FOURTH DPOY so people are disappointed with him

Also op;

KAT 7’0, 260 - why can’t he match up against Jokic and take the assignment? He not a young player in the league anymore, nikka almost 30. He just seem like an afterthought when you speaking about the Timberwolves

Did you even watch last night's game? KAT actually did a really good job when he was covering Jokic. It literally changed the game.

He's been up and down this series overall

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Don't have the data in front of me and won't look lol

But it appears that the 2 games where KAT was the primary defender on jokic (games 2 and 6) jokic had bad games both games. In fact they both blow outs.

But I agree that it does seem a lot more blame was placed on gobert than Kat.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's the Ben Simmons/Tobias Harris situation all over again where other people on that team will take more of the brunt of the blame while KAT continues to get let off the hook.

Attention will turn back to KAT if/when he ends up getting away from Rudy like what happened with Harris when Simmons wasn't around to absorb blame.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't have the data in front of me and won't look lol

But it appears that the 2 games where KAT was the primary defender on jokic (games 2 and 6) jokic had bad games both games. In fact they both blow outs.

But I agree that it does seem a lot more blame was placed on gobert than Kat.

Because they are doubling super hard when towns guards jokic , while rudy is left on the island in game 5 and rudy played him well til game 5 so again narratives

Daps
Gobert and McDaniels are consistent liability on offense that is the reason why they don't get credit.
McDaniels is consistent on defense so he gets overlooked for his liability.
Gobert on top of being offense liability he has games where he gets embarrassed by players one on one.
Kat doesn't get heat because he has the stats to back him against any criticism.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Gobert and McDaniels are consistent liability on offense that is the reason why they don't get credit.
McDaniels is consistent on defense so he gets overlooked for his liability.
Gobert on top of being offense liability he has games where he gets embarrassed by players one on one.
Kat doesn't get heat because he has the stats to back him against any criticism.
You mean the same empty stats that people have used against KAT for years?

Even Jimmy joked fun at him about it with the paper tossing gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
KAT went from getting Duncan comps early in his career to being seen pretty much universally as a tremendous p*ssy…don’t think he’s let off the hook, it’s just him being a soft bytch is already baked into the cake
This.

We should have a "J. Cole" tier of NBA players. KAT would be right there at the listening party next to Tobias Harris and Tyrese Haliburton.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
It's because it's mainly Rudy catching the hate and honestly the Rudy stuff is a bit overblown to me. It feels like people just don't want to recognize Jokic's greatness so they have to go overboard with it. If you watched that game Jokic was just hitting ridiculous shots, wasn't like dude is a turnstile on defense. He should be catching more heat for being an offensive liability though.