Why is superman so damn powerful?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You're too great of a writer to stan such a horrible character as superman. Is it sympathy? because it damn sure isn't admiration
Superman is iconography. He is new mythos. It's that simple. Read Joseph Campbell breh. Read Geoff Johns run on Supes. He is the man who does what's right not because he's selfish or because he loves violence but because it's right.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
What's cool about it? Seems kinda like what @CarbonBraddock accused Superman of being. A one up.
that flashy shyt is like a drug to dudes like that. but like i said, the problem is, you have to keep doing bigger and more ridiculous things in order to keep interest in the character. like Wolverine is my favorite character and when he was introduced, i don't think he even had much of a healing factor, now this mufukka can get erased from reality and 'heal back from only his soul' or something ridiculous like that. this is one of the biggest problems with comics or when you have a character literally around for decades, you run out of shyt to do with him but you still need to get eyes on the product, so you do more and more flamboyant nonsense.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
What's cool about it? Seems kinda like what @CarbonBraddock accused Superman of being. A one up.
It’s creative and well written. Like hunter x hunter. There’s a well thought out and intelligent power system. And consequences for cheating that system.

compare that to Superman who just can do whatever he feels like most of the time and Batman who’s just a rich white man with time.

clearly you need some form of supernatural element for a fake medium. But it’s how you implement it

Daps
It's hypnotism

b52fb8909949d39f-600x338.jpg

He's brolic, but hypnotizing his enemies into thinking they're about to be punched into pizza does all the heavy lifting. Some cac gaslighting, pretty much :francis:
I do love how they had to nerf him in the WB cartoon by giving him the awareness of a Slowpoke :heh: at least making it some kind of dramatic

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
compare that to Superman who just can do whatever he feels like most of the time and Batman who’s just a rich white man with time.
Where does your knowledge of either of these characters come from? Have you read All-Star Supes? Superman and the Legion by Johns? The Court of Owls? If you did you wouldn't be saying any of these things.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Where does your knowledge of either of these characters come from? Have you read All-Star Supes? Superman and the Legion by Johns? The Court of Owls? If you did you wouldn't be saying any of these things.
Man I ain’t got time for all them spin-offs and iterations. Have the main shyt be good. This is exactly what I’m talking. You gotta dig around decades and different writers for a reasonable and coherent narrative.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Man I ain’t got time for all them spin-offs and iterations. Have the main shyt be good. This is exactly what I’m talking. You gotta dig around decades and different writers for a reasonable and coherent narrative.
These are the main stories. If you don't like to read just say so. Cause it sounds like you don't want to read. These are books available on Amazon or any book store.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
These are the main stories. If you don't like to read just say so. Cause it sounds like you don't want to read. These are books available on Amazon or any book store.
I read all the time. I read coherent manga.

I’m just not scouring around for the right author and timeline of when Superman went to Minnesota in 1992 to fight blargnar and developed a weakness to Twix bars.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I read all the time. I read coherent manga.

I’m just not scouring around for the right author and timeline of when Superman went to Minnesota in 1992 to fight blargnar and developed a weakness to Twix bars.
Most manga stories are incoherent and have glaring holes or cultural nuances that are idiotic.

Again finding the comics I just mentioned are not hard at all. Most are in alphabetical order to make it easier for you. There are no children fighting massively powered adults most of the time though. Or people using the power of friendship to win fights. So you may not enjoy the narrative.