Why is the Christian God so misogynistic?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Genesis 3:16 16To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

And this is just one of MANY biblical examples of women being relegated to second class in relation to men.

Why is the Christian God so disrespectful to women?

How could any person indoctrinate their daughters with a belief system that places them beneath men? That states that their daughters must serve men...must be "ruled over" by men?

Chilling.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This verse and most of the Bible was written to be applicable to the mindset of people during that time period. You cannot possibly expect the values and societal norms of someone living in the times of Christ to be the same as someone living in 2018. In fact of most of the values and societal norms in this present day will be eclipsed with the advancement of time and human development.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
This verse and most of the Bible was written to be applicable to the mindset of people during that time period. You cannot possibly expect the values and societal norms of someone living in the times of Christ to be the same as someone living in 2018.

Hmmm...

:jbhmm:

So the Bible is effectively outdated?

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Women were second class citizens, and their primary function was to just to get married and have kids, that was the vibe of that time.

FF, the introduction of Jesus brought change and fuffilment of the law. He vouched more for women than any other person has done during that time. And that was taboo. That's barebones of it. There are people who got more in-depth knowledge, you should go seek that out. There are barely any questions that have not been asked before.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Women were second class citizens, and their primary function was to just to get married and have kids, that was the vibe of that time.

FF, the introduction of Jesus brought change and fuffilment of the law. He vouched more for women than any other person has done during that time. And that was taboo. That's barebones of it. There are people who got more in-depth knowledge, you should go seek that out. There are barely any questions that have not been asked before.

Interesting.

Regarding your first point on the "vibe of the time".... Correct me if Im wrong (and I VERY likely may be wrong) but isn't the Bible essentially the word of god written through man? If this is correct, then why did God not write what is just (i.e equal treatment of women) vs. what was cool at the time (women relegated to second class). I mean, God should have been able to see through the bullshyt and requested equal treatment of women instead of adhering to what was cool at the time.

Regarding the second point of "Jesus was kinder to women"...does the New Testsment supplant the Old Testament? Or are they to be taken as truths in concert?

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
OP used an example from Genesis to single out the Christian faith even though both the Jewish and Muslim faith also subscribe to Genesis.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genesis 3:16 16To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

And this is just one of MANY biblical examples of women being relegated to second class in relation to men.

Why is the Christian God so disrespectful to women?

How could any person indoctrinate their daughters with a belief system that places them beneath men? That states that their daughters must serve men...must be "ruled over" by men?

Chilling.

In the context of the story being told Adam and Eve messed up by him following her lead even though he was aware that it wasn't the right move. For that reason, in this story God is telling her to follow her husband's lead going forward.

As for the status of the bible as the divine word of God, the bible was told orally, then written, then translated and translated again into multiple languages. Context could have been lost along the way.