Why is the Christian God so misogynistic?

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
So these three religions adhere to outdated barbaric scripture? :ehh:

Yes they do, just didn’t think there was a reason to single out Christians.

And I wouldn’t say everyone adheres. I don’t think the majority of people that classify themselves as members of these faiths interpret the events of the Bible literally. More like a base mythology.

Only extremists take it literally.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Interesting.

Regarding your first point on the "vibe of the time".... Correct me if Im wrong (and I VERY likely may be wrong) but isn't the Bible essentially the word of god written through man? If this is correct, then why did God not write what is just (i.e equal treatment of women) vs. what was cool at the time (women relegated to second class). I mean, God should have been able to see through the bullshyt and requested equal treatment of women instead of adhering to what was cool at the time.

Regarding the second point of "Jesus was kinder to women"...does the New Testsment supplant the Old Testament? Or are they to be taken as truths in concert?

The verse you picked is out of context, that was a punishment of Eve. You are also implying that women wanted to be in first class citizens in the early periods of time. Women wanted security. Things need context before we can have discussions on anything written.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
#GOH

Jesus-w-machine-gun1.bmp

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genesis (and the entire Old Testament) is technically the Jewish God. But God in general is written as a man and biased towards men because men wrote their concept of God and forced it on people as infallible truth.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I think people underestimate the burden of child birth on women in pre-industrial society.
Similarly, I think people underestimate how incredibly valuable proper child rearing is to a successful society.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genesis 3:16 16To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

And this is just one of MANY biblical examples of women being relegated to second class in relation to men.

Why is the Christian God so disrespectful to women?

How could any person indoctrinate their daughters with a belief system that places them beneath men? That states that their daughters must serve men...must be "ruled over" by men?

Chilling.
i told yall about posting pieces of scripts taking them out of context.

that was a punishment. do you know why she had such a wack punishment? because she ate the apple first and more or less convinced adam to do the same.

She was convinced by a serpent to do something God told her not to do.

At least Adam was lead astray by another human that we could say was super beautiful and someone he loved.

but because he didnt put his foot down and tell her no like he should have. He had to deal with punishments too.

he now had to work for his food.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting.

Regarding your first point on the "vibe of the time".... Correct me if Im wrong (and I VERY likely may be wrong) but isn't the Bible essentially the word of god written through man? If this is correct, then why did God not write what is just (i.e equal treatment of women) vs. what was cool at the time (women relegated to second class). I mean, God should have been able to see through the bullshyt and requested equal treatment of women instead of adhering to what was cool at the time.

Regarding the second point of "Jesus was kinder to women"...does the New Testsment supplant the Old Testament? Or are they to be taken as truths in concert?
it had nothing to do with"the time" when God laid down that law. he gave adam and eve all sorts of gifts that they did not deserve. so when they disobeyed him he put his foot down on both of them pretty hard. remember he banished them from the Garden as well.