Why is this legal in most states and why won't they regulate it?

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA

50 CALIBER RIFLEs

Fifty caliber rifles are among the most destructive weapons that may be manufactured and made legally available to civilians in the United States. Only three states and Washington DC place any additional regulation on these weapons.

However, because 50 caliber rifles are generally regulated no differently from other rifles or shotguns, they are subject to fewer regulations than handguns.7 In fact, under federal law and the laws of nearly all states, any 18-year-old who passes a background check can buy a 50 caliber rifle.8 In addition, because federal law and the laws of most states do not require private sellers to conduct background checks, criminals can easily obtain 50 caliber rifles at gun shows and elsewhere.

SUMMARY OF FEDERAL LAW

Federal legislation to regulate or ban 50 caliber rifles has been introduced several times since 1999, but these efforts have been unsuccessful—no federal law regulates these guns.

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
fearmongering
majority of mass and gang shootings are done with 9mm not 50 caliber

criminals can easily obtain 50 caliber rifles at gun shows and elsewhere.

bullshyt
the only way you can buy a gun at a gunshow from a licensed seller is if you do a FBI background check or show your permit.

If you purchase a firearm from a federal firearms licensee (FFL) regardless of the location of the transaction — a gun store, a gun show, a gun dealer’s car trunk, etc. — that FFL must confirm that you are legally allowed to purchase that gun. That means the FFL must either run a background check on you via the federal NICS database, or confirm that you have passed a background check by examining your state-issued concealed carry permit or your government-issued purchase permit. There are zero exceptions to this federal requirement.

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I mean, honestly, there's not many places that you can shoot that thing and not hurt somebody or something.

I'm not the biggest gun fan but hey, if it's legal, do you I guess....I'ma just try and go for my pistol license in MD...but I just applied for a medical marijuana card, I heard that they don't give you both:yeshrug:

One thing at a time I guess...

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
No one is out commiting crimes in the US with that big ass fukking gun. shyt not even the Deagle.

Criminals love hand guns.

Now if you want to talk about the war crimes its used by the military in black and brown countries that is a different topic.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
If you want to commit mass murder which is what people are mainly worrying about, no one is lugging around a huge as gun like that.

The AR is the weapon of choice for a reason....

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Because crimes aren't commuted by people towing around .50 caliber guns - it's not an issue.
Menthol cigarettes are an issue.