Why isn't there a majority black first world country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
Was speaking to a friend of mine and he brought this up and it got me thinking. We've seen all these east Asian countries pull themselves out of poverty. Why can't at least one black country do the same. What exactly are we doing wrong? Is it psychological?

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
full

fukk outta here:hhh:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
First World countries are highly urbanised, and citizens enjoy universal access to health, education and housing. They also exhibit high productivity, strong service sectors and freedom of movement because of infrastructure.

Within decades, many Asian countries made the transition from Third World status to First World status.

Some countries in Africa are well placed to make this transition. These include Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire Gabon, Mozambique, Angola and South Africa.

We believe that these countries can emulate the “Asian miracle”, but only if governments take decisive steps to achieve certain outcomes. East Asia has a remarkable record of high and sustained economic growth. From 1965 to 1990 the 23 economies of East Asia grew faster than those of all other regions of the world. Most of this achievement is attributable to seemingly miraculous growth in the eight economies studied.

First, gross domestic product (GDP) per capita or the average household income must be improved. It is impossible to sustain important aspects of human development without this.

Second, state intervention and robust national leadership are crucial. The economic strategies of successful countries were influenced by leaders who were committed to rapid development. They had a focus on growing human capital. This in turn led to increased productivity, increased household incomes and an improvement in the general standard of living.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
First World countries are highly urbanised, and citizens enjoy universal access to health, education and housing. They also exhibit high productivity, strong service sectors and freedom of movement because of infrastructure.

Within decades, many Asian countries made the transition from Third World status to First World status.

Some countries in Africa are well placed to make this transition. These include Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire Gabon, Mozambique, Angola and South Africa.

We believe that these countries can emulate the “Asian miracle”, but only if governments take decisive steps to achieve certain outcomes. East Asia has a remarkable record of high and sustained economic growth. From 1965 to 1990 the 23 economies of East Asia grew faster than those of all other regions of the world. Most of this achievement is attributable to seemingly miraculous growth in the eight economies studied.

First, gross domestic product (GDP) per capita or the average household income must be improved. It is impossible to sustain important aspects of human development without this.

Second, state intervention and robust national leadership are crucial. The economic strategies of successful countries were influenced by leaders who were committed to rapid development. They had a focus on growing human capital. This in turn led to increased productivity, increased household incomes and an improvement in the general standard of living.
Thanks for the thorough analysis. I noticed you mentioned economics before politics. Many Africans I speak to tend to blame the economy on their political leaders/corruption, would you say that the economy can grow without strong leadership or would leadership need to be in place first?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
What exactly are the 5 African Lions? Are they countries?
The 5 african lions are 5 countries in Africa that have had insane GDP growth for the past 20 years and don't rely on a single natural resource like oil for their economy. Google search it. R

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
What exactly are the 5 African Lions? Are they countries?

South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Angola.

I would also put Gabon, Rwanda and Equatorial Guinea for great standard of living for citizens despite their small sizes.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Thanks for the thorough analysis. I noticed you mentioned economics before politics. Many Africans I speak to tend to blame the economy on their political leaders/corruption, would you say that the economy can grow without strong leadership or would leadership need to be in place first?

i'd say leadership

RIP Gaddafi

Status
Not open for further replies.