Why was Into the Spider-Verse so damn good?

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
I can't speak for everyone but to me...

1. Low/low-ish expectations. Very few people were expecting this movie to be more than just aight at best. So the only way the movie was gonna disapoint me personally is if it was straight ass.

2. Miles was a likable and relatable character. I pretty much had my mind made up that I was gonna love this movie before Miles even made it to school. He was a refreshing protagonist especially as far as superhero protags go. He seemed "hip" and conifident and well... Black withoit coming across as pandering. But vulnerable and imperfect without coming off weak.

3. It was low-key a "Black" film. The whole style and vibe of the film felt Black to me. The Black characters sounded Black, felt Black, and didn't feel like White actors in digital Blackface. The fact that the Black characters were voiced by Black actors made a hell of a difference. Miles had a certain "swag" to the character that made me feel like "this is a Black child"

4. For comic book/Spider-man fans it was faithful to the source material. Maybe not so much a specific issue or vol of Spider-man but the heart and pathos of the character(s). "Anyone can wear the mask" is basically the Spider-man broke down to it's most base parts.

I'm sure there's some things I'm missing but thats all I got for right now. Film is an experience.:wow: