Why were there more black on black crime in the 70s(before rap) than now?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

First, rap has little to do today with people blowing each others heads off directly. Its not as simple and cut & dry as a person puts on headphones, hears violent lyrics and gets the desire to kill. Its much more complex than that. If a white kid went and shot up his school after listening to violent punk rock music, people wouldn't simply point to the music as the blame, so it would be idiotic to think rap is causing the same violent reactions in the black community.

People would look at that white kids environment, upbringing and family structure to diagnose the issues. The music would simply be "gas on top of the fire".

The problem is that lots of people outright deny that rap could potentially be this "gas on top of the fire" in certain people's lives. I've even seen posters state verbatim that "music itself has zero affect on the human psyche", so this will always be a very divisive topic:yeshrug:

Secondly, today (with it being the most popular & influential art form on the planet) rap is moreso used to promote and glorify the MINDSET that white supremacists wants blacks to be in. Remember: white supremacy cannot thrive without our participation.

Also its used heavily as "media propaganda" to continue the demonization of the black image GLOBALLY. Its used to keep the most negative stereotypes of black people in the mainstream conscious.

Actual physical violence is probably the LEAST side effect of rap for black people. Its more a psychological and image hinderance.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glad this thread was made. I make this same argument in every rap is evil and it usually gets ignored or deflected
I thought you were more on the old head side? Saying everything was cool until the new generation came in :mjpls:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Population might've been larger

Blacks murdered by other races

Gangs we're really jumping off

and nikkas we're probably dying everytime they got shot vs now where a lot of dudes live
I don't think medical advances are part of it seems like triage medicine hasn't changed much. Also population is larger now easily.